• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    There is a critical vote coming up to re-appoint Ben Bernanke as Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

In case you're not familiar with Mr. Bernanke, let me provide you with a brief introduction:

YouTube - Bernanke: Why are we still listening to this guy?

This fool has now pumped TRILLIONS into the system to "save us" resulting in the failed banks paying out bonuses that amounts to 1% of the GDP of this country.

Yet again, Mr. Bayh lets down the American People and is supporting re-appointment of Ben Bernanke.

Guest Post: Bernanke Nomination By The Numbers And What Saves Him | zero hedge

You'll note that the #2 campaign contributor to Mr. Bayh's election campaign are donors from Goldman Sachs. I wonder what their interests are in a Senator from Indiana.

Evan Bayh: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets

If you find this as appalling as I do, please don't forget to write Mr. Bayh and let him know.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    You can cherry-pick stories all you want. Bernanke didn't start it, and can't fix it. Quips from YouTube won't change that.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    So what would you suggest be done, if anything, 6birds?

Blessings,
    Bill

Work hard, spend less than you earn, don't ever take yourself too seriously, careful what you hear on the internet.

I cannot tie Fed decisions to my portfolio success or failures. Anyone?

Thoughts Bill?

Last edited:

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Bernanke enabled it with a too easy monetary policy. You are right that he can't fix it. The trouble is that he keep trying and by doing so he will make the problem worse. He is shifting the unsustainable private debt burden onto the government balance sheet where he hopes to inflate it away.

6birds - I've read his speeches and publications on this topic. Have you?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Bernanke enabled it with a too easy monetary policy. You are right that he can't fix it. The trouble is that he keep trying and by doing so he will make the problem worse. He is shifting the unsustainable private debt burden onto the government balance sheet where he hopes to inflate it away.

6birds - I've read his speeches and publications on this topic. Have you?

Yes, I'm a big fan of Ben.

"The trouble is that he keep trying and by doing so he will make the problem worse." What problem??

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Yes, I'm a big fan of Ben.

"The trouble is that he keep trying and by doing so he will make the problem worse." What problem??

I view an inflationary money system as a problem. The problem will get worse because we have trillions in short term loans coming due in a year. How will we pay for this without increasing the money supply and further devaluing the currency?

I don't like it when the price of food increases.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The problem is poverty and the negative social and political impacts that comes with it. Perhaps you haven't noticed the 17.3% U6 unemployment.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The problem is poverty and the negative social and political impacts that comes with it. Perhaps you haven't noticed the 17.3% U6 unemployment.

Sorry, didn't notice, I was at work.

Please define what "negative social and political impacts" are. It sounds like a "broad brush" bunch of BS, but hope you can fill in the spaces for me.

Top Bottom