• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Des anyone have experience with the BCM RECCE KMR KM rifle in 16" or 14"? I'm looking into this rifle to replace my recently stolen Noveske. Would to rifle stand up to anything and everything? The only things I would change with the BCM would be the trigger and the stock as I'm not a fan of neither items.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I have a BCM upper with the KMR rail, and I held a RECCE version this weekend. I truly don't think you could go wrong. From everything I have seen, BCM make incredibly high quality products.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I've got a complete BCM midlength LW 14.5 with a 14 KMR. I absolutely love it. It is definitely my go-to rifle and something I always take with me when someone wants to shoot an AR. I would say the only drawback would be the finish, as I have marred it up fairly easily, especially if I over-tighten a keymod accessory when I first install it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got a little experience with the recce upper in 16" with a 15"kmr. It will not disappoint you. BCM stuff just flat out runs, and the recce does have a good feel to it. Feels light weight and solid.

If I were to buy one like you are talking I'd drop a giessele in it and be 100% happy with it. I'm sure with a trigger and stock change you'll be super happy as well. Sorry again to hear about the Noveske, but buy BCM in confidence.

I think my next BCM purchase will be an 11.5 like what TM45 here is talking about.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've owned a few BCM uppers (still have one) and would have zero concerns about quality, reliability or durability.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have several BCMs and have never had an issue. The only issue I've ever seen on a BCM was a buddy's rifle who lost a gas ring after a 1200 round weekend. Never had a functioning issue with it. Found the gas ring while cleaning afterwards. It probably won't have the accuracy potential of your Noveske assuming you had one of their stainless barrels, but it'll be reliable and effective.

On a side conversation, how'd your Noveske get stolen?

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Ive got a BCM upper with KMR as well, The KMR is my standard now, I cant imagine using anything different. Very light very thin, And of course the rest of their products have quite a reputation.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm in the BCM bandwagon, I have a complete 14.5 BFH midlength with KMR-A 13, and an 11.5 ELW with the KMR-A 10. The KMR alpha seems to have a much tougher finish. My 11.5 is my duty rifle, and I am of the "it's a tool" mentality. So far the finish shows no signs of wear, though I'm probably only about 6 months in with it. So far through my 11.5 I have around 1500 rounds through it without a single malfunction running mostly suppressed with a Silencerco Omega. I have total confidence in that rifle. I'll start testing the 14.5 soon, only having about 200 rounds through it so far. I can say that 14.5 midlength with the ASR brake is the flattest, softest shooting AR I've every shot.

Pics just because:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom