• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajnaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    bfe rockville in
    i was able to compare the differences between a noveske rifle and a bcm both rifles were fired unsupported except for the magazine touching the shotting table the bcm belonged to me and noveske belonged to dialtone301.

the first rifle was a spikes lower with a mill spec trigger, bcm upper 16 carbine light barrel, vortex strike fire for a optic and it was firing wolf wpa 62 grain hp
    scan0002.jpg

the second rifle was a noveske rifle 16 inch barrel mid length with geissele trigger ssa and a eotech for a optic. i believe it was firing a brass cased 55 grain fmj
    scan0001.jpg

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Any day shooting is a good day :)

But, 2 different types of ammo? would be nice to try same ammo in each upper from a rest to get a better idea of difference in uppers accuracy.

What was the distance being shot?

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Both BCM and Noveske are excellent rifles. I'm willing to bet that if you did a proper accuracy test, with a shooting rest and the same ammo, you wouldn't see a very big difference in accuracy.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Both BCM and Noveske are excellent rifles. I'm willing to bet that if you did a proper accuracy test, with a shooting rest and the same ammo, you wouldn't see a very big difference in accuracy.

This.

Glad you got out to do some shooting though!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Like said above for a good comparison you need to use something to provide support and use the same ammo. Gotta elliminate to variables.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Like others have said, you need to eliminate a lot of those factors, maybe use the noveske lower and swap the upper with same ammo, shooter, and optic.

That being said, Noveske is well known for their accuracy over some of the other top tier manufacturers...esp their SS barrels. Is the noveske SS or CL?

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I always hear how Noveske makes pretty much the most desirable barrel on the market. Maybe someday I will have the coin to find out if the talk is true.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    The Noveske is chrome lined.

In his defense it wasn't meant to be a formal test. He asked if he could shoot my rifle and compare it to his. I told him sure but use my ammo since I wasn't sure what he was shooting.

Top Bottom