• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    Can't say that I have ever succeeded at it, but the shooter that tries to outwork the next guy at pasting & etc makes the match more fun for everybody.

There was a short conversation at ACC regarding the theory of everyone taking a turn to completely reset the stage. One person resetting the stage and everyone takes a turn. Now, that might be tough for one person but if it was a team situation where two people took a turn following a shooting sequence, in theory, you only need to be involved in resetting the stage twice. Then you can go back to being serious about your turn to shoot or talk **** with the other guys on the squad. Another option would be to get the Hooters girls to come rest stages. However, I have a hard enough time concentrating on the stage as it is....

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    5, 6, or 7 people is still much quicker reset than 2. That's just silly. Especially when you have a steel or activator heavy stage.
    Two people can reset a stage quickly if they have a plaster gun and move at the same pace they use to get to the bar. What I'm trying to do is get around the crowd that doesn't paste.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Two people can reset a stage quickly if they have a plaster gun and move at the same pace they use to get to the bar. What I'm trying to do is get around the crowd that doesn't paste.

I myself find paster guns slower. Perhaps I don't have the proper training but 3 pasters per hole isn't very efficient. And, what makes you think when it comes to that guys turn he won't be at the safe table taking apart his gun for the 5th time? Tear a strip off and do your part. If someone isn't, tear a strip off and hand it to them.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What I'm trying to do is get around the crowd that doesn't paste.

On the up side, seems like well more than 9 squads out of 10 and there is not any issue, maybe 19 out of 20 ish. Although there is frequently a stage where the stars line up wrong (this guy is reloading & that one hit the can & the other two are engrossed in a hot topic) .

*****ing seems to work really well, I think the trick is to start *****ing before you and the two other guys that are helping get really irritated (and tired if it is a screaming hot day). Like the first time it happens. My theory is that people who will not do their fair share pasting are probably conditioned to spouses and parents who have *****ed at them all their lives and they reach a point where they need that sort of stimulus for any sort of physical activity. If left alone too long some of these folks might stop breathing.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Well "back in the day" before every stage was 32 rounds and everyone seemed to help paste and reset, usually after you shot about 3 people would come up and hand you back about 80% of your brass. I have only been gone since 2008 until starting again last year and things have changed some. I think the title of this thread should be "How to be a better squad member." The issue I see is a lot of people can't wait to be done and go home..... it's like it's all a big rush to get the match over with. turns into a big "no fun zone" that's my 2 cents. Want to be a better shooter? come out and practice! a lot!

If the squad works together, everything can get pasted and brass can be picked up. Yes, the are plenty of folks who if left to themselves won't help. Instead of complaining after the fact, man up and organize your squad right off the bat. If someone still won't help, they need further encouragement from the RO. Any RO worth his salt knows who's helping and who isn't.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    If the squad works together, everything can get pasted and brass can be picked up. Yes, the are plenty of folks who if left to themselves won't help. Instead of complaining after the fact, man up and organize your squad right off the bat. If someone still won't help, they need further encouragement from the RO. Any RO worth his salt knows who's helping and who isn't.

I wasn't "complaining after the fact" I will also say I already shoot with an organized squad that several of us take turns as RO it's called the MISFITS! :ar15:

Top Bottom