Be nice to people who know how to weld...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    ...because they can build cool stuff! I showed a buddy of mine pictures of a spinning target that I wanted to buy, and two days later he showed up with this. It about killed us unloading it from his truck, but its gonna make hours of fun.

picture.php

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Nice setup, I wish I had that on my spinning target. Every time I shot the steel, the whole thing would just flip over. Even tho it said it's for up the 44 magnum.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    nice.. i wonder where the lead goes after hitting these targets. i guess we can wait to hear on the news
    It goes exactly where it goes at the two Conservation Clubs that I am a member of. It goes exactly where it goes at the range on my father's farm.

If you want to take the .gov regulation way, the EPA is fine with lead bullets collected into the dirt berm behind the steel target as long as the OP isn't digging around in the dirt to collect the lead for reuse. If he does, it is a no-no.

If you are saying that it is unsafe to shoot due to ricochets, I would suggest you take another look at what happens when a bullet hits one of these.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Very Nice! :yesway:

I would like to make some targets myself but I have not struck an arc in 20+ years. Probably would fall apart on the first rimfire hit!

Aside from bikes don't freeze to the ground, it's the same. Once you learn I'm pretty sure it's easy to pick back up with alittle practice.

I was wondering though, with those targets spinning, what does happen to the bullets, I could see them causing crazy deflection, but reducing the power. Since they spin I don't think they'd ricochette much if any, but I dont' think they'd break up so much either - do they just push the target out of the way and go mostly straight?

Congrats on the target, looks like a good one. Even with the price of steel in smalls orders that saves a bundle off retail price.:yesway:

Top Bottom