• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I'm on vacation now and am kicking myself for not bringing my first aid kit i put together for the trip: but what to bring? I brought a loaded springfield Champion and 100 rounds (after checking all local gun laws on line and calling all state police through I traveled). When on vacation with the family how do you pack? I of course packed water and food for three or four days and a knife what else?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Depends on the vacation.... We usually drive, so it is a bit easier. That way I already have what is in the truck (first aid, tools, BOB, etc....). We also tend to stay somewhere with a kitchen (like a cabin), so have a few days of food in the cooler.

I just got back from a short trip to Pennsylvania. My wife and I *could* have lived out of my truck for the entire 4 days, other than needing more food/water. The hotel was a tad more comfortable, though!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When we went to Florida a couple years back we had two pistols with 50 rounds of extra ammo. First aid kit was already in the truck. GHB as well. Obviously had extra clothes, water and snacks. Extra cash and a spare credit card just in case as well.

We didn't take enough food to get us back home from there on foot, but we had enough supplies to get us to a safe place unless all hell broke loose.

If we were to go back there now I would add a rifle, or at least a carbine and extra ammo. I got a carry license for Utah which helps a bit on CC in other states.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    Thinking about it now a small tent at least 1 cooking pot would have been smart I case stuck on the road some where

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Didn't have tent. Had ponchos and such tho. No cooking pots either. Had non-perishables and MRE's for bad times.

What kind of vacation was it? Long travel or short? What you pack would really depend more on where you were going.

We did not pack for a SHTF scenario. As mentioned before I would pack different now.

Oh and I don't count on plastic, but I use it while I can. Makes trips to the gas stations and such so much faster... cheaper too in a way.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On vaca, CONUS: EDC gear, G19, spare mag, light, OC, folder.
    In vehicle: Maxpedition Fatboy w/ Blow out/med kit, extra light, survival kit, extra batts, headlamp, multitool, admin kit, compass, water, Clif bars, door stop, nomex gloves, mask and goggles, CS, spare G19 mag.
    In vehicle part II: M6 Scout, level IIA concealable body armor, water, tools, parts.

Soft skills: route recon and advance work done for entire route. Safe houses set up prior. Advance work done remotely prior to arrival, then backed up with leg work at destination, ie police, fire EMS location, route survey, etc etc.

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Anytime we go more then an hour away (60+ Miles) we just throw the bug out bags in the cars.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    It was in topsailisalnd NC. About 500 miles one way. I was loaded with food as we had a full kitchen, but I feel I was way unprepared for a stop in the mountains if I had too

Top Bottom