• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I have never purchased ammo on line before, and I am not up on shipping laws. But it is my understanding that ammo has to be shipped in a certain manner, and it has specific requirements for method of shipping and packaging? Seem like if one wanted to sell a box or two of ammo out side of their home state it would be expensive?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have never purchased ammo on line before, and I am not up on shipping laws. But it is my understanding that ammo has to be shipped in a certain manner, and it has specific requirements for method of shipping and packaging? Seem like if one wanted to sell a box or two of ammo out side of their home state it would be expensive?
    I often purchased at gun shows but have bought a LOT online.
    The regulations on shipping small arms ammo does not cost more than the same amount of weight of other items. The only requirement is that the package has the "ORMD" label applied - this indicates there is a minor (low risk) explosive being shipped. I'm quite sure I have purchased well over 20K rounds over the years from the internet dealers! There are some requirements from shippers (UPS- not sure about FedX) that the ammo shipments have to be sent from their own locations, not at the "drop off locations, doesn't affect the major sellers!

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Shipping ammo: I used FEDEX, and yes, you have to take it to an actual location. It only requires a ORM D label. And shipments must be via ground. My brother bought a 10/22, so I sent him a nice batch of ammo for testing.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    WARNING: INCORRECT / OUTDATED ADVICE

"ORM-D was phased out by the US Department of Transportation on Jan. 1, 2021."

Google "new orm d shipping label" to bring up info and image of the currently required label.

No reason to potentially get crossed up to who-knows-what-degree when it should be just as simple to slap the right label on as the wrong one, and the wrong label is going to advertise the problem on the outside of the package its whole way through the shipping system.

Top Bottom