• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Probably not the answer your looking for BUT? by doing a little reasearch on the internet it is a problem in which many doit yourselfers have tackled with good results. If your that kind of person its readily accomplished.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Lots of vids on you tube, I did mine of them. An got one of the bedding kits from brownells, if you follow the directions its not to hard at all. Plus when someone asks who did your bedding job, you can say yourself:rockwoot:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I appreciate your desire to get the most out of your rifle. Bedding firearm is to avoid the uncontrolled vibrations, shifting and harmonics during firing. A .22 rimfire has a really mild recoil and does not have a lot of shifting around in the stock. Unless there is a lot of damage to the contact areas of the stock, you may not get any benefit.

On the other hand, if you are building a custom rifle and fitting a Winchester action to a stock made for a Remington 40X, bedding to make it fit is needed. Been there, done that.

I have used the Brownell's kits, automotive bondo, and devcon filler with good results. Whatever you use, it is very important to make a thin barrier where the metal touches bedding material so that you can take it back apart. I have used a thick coat of paste wax (left to dry hazy, not polished off) as well as the Brownell's release compound with equal results. Good Luck

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I think even midway and/or brownells have videos on bedding on their website. Plus you can buy DVDs that deal with bedding rifles

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    If you want a quality job from someone that knows what they are doing:

Mark Penrod
    Penrod Precision
    312 E College Avenue
    North Manchester, IN 46962-1141
    (260) 982-8385