• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure everything is CLEAN_CLEAN_CLEAN when you bottle AND when you do the primary ferm. It doesn't take much to give a good beer an off flavor. Soap is awful in beer. And a little wild yeast in the brew and really mess stuff up.

I throw my bottles into the dishwasher (without detergent) and run them through a 'Sani' cycle. Works like a charm, and it's easy!

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gamez I sent a pm about some bottles. It seems there are quite a few home brewers in the Fort area. Maybe we should get together for a tasting. I have 3 5 gallon carboys 2 3 gallon ones 2 6.5 gallon and a 14.25 gallon. I love to brew. If anyone is in need of caps I have some at $3 a gross. Bye the way I am looking into possibly kegging if anyone has advice or equiptment.

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Gamez I sent a pm about some bottles. It seems there are quite a few home brewers in the Fort area. Maybe we should get together for a tasting. I have 3 5 gallon carboys 2 3 gallon ones 2 6.5 gallon and a 14.25 gallon. I love to brew. If anyone is in need of caps I have some at $3 a gross. Bye the way I am looking into possibly kegging if anyone has advice or equiptment.

My Zombie Dust will be ready in 2 to three weeks let the tasting begin. I have the 2.5 gallon party pig kegs and I have Co2 tank and regulator in the mail. I am going to rig them up to run on co2.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will gladly volunteer my house for a tasting (I am near the corner or Dupont and Old Auburn). I have about 9 gallons ready to bottle and a bunch of other stuff in bottles. For awhile I had 3-4 batches at a time trying to see what I brewed I liked best. I tried choclate, wheat mint, blackberry, a new castle clone. I was brewing faster than I could drink. I now make almost exclusively an oatmeal state thicker than Guinness and tastier.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will gladly volunteer my house for a tasting (I am near the corner or Dupont and Old Auburn). I have about 9 gallons ready to bottle and a bunch of other stuff in bottles. For awhile I had 3-4 batches at a time trying to see what I brewed I liked best. I tried choclate, wheat mint, blackberry, a new castle clone. I was brewing faster than I could drink. I now make almost exclusively an oatmeal state thicker than Guinness and tastier.

Howdy neighbor, right off of Wallen Rd. myself. I'm in!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If we can wait till my batch and Gamez's is ready we can bring our brew to share vs just drinking yours!

I am looking for good IPA recipes. Hops lots and lots of Hops!

I can bring some the Cheddar Jalapeno Venison Summer Sausage I made.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes lets wait until several people are ready. I plan on bottling the 2 carboys full tommorrow it will take at least a week to carbonate and I like to wait bare minimum 3 weeks and 1 week in the fridge to stabilize but after that I say a tasting is in order. Maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am not saying that I am a master brewer but I like what I brew. I am sure my technicals are not there and I am sure that I will never get a blue ribbon but it does its job, gets me happy, I enjoy doing it and it is as far as I am cncerned tasty. I have brewed for the past 4 years, plan on doing a wine kit and maybe some other things.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    This is my first brew, so while I am content with what may be.. it may not be a great or even good brew. My in-laws are medal winning wine makers so they have put a lot of pressure on me.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Barley malt wants to be beer in the best kind of way. As long as you mind your sanitation and keep it quiet while you're bottling, it'll be some of the best beer you've ever had!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    The bubbles in the air lock are very slow and sporadic now. Started at 1.055 and at 1.032 as of last night. Will probably rack into the secondary late this weekend.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    That is looking good! I'm slowly working on getting equipment piece by piece. Im hoping to get my first batch started within the next paycheck or so.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    made first batch

of Mead last night. Done beer and wine before but not mead. Will see results when move to secondary ferm container in about 60 days. Hope it's good.:rockwoot:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The Zombie Dust Clone is primed and in the Party Pigs. Tastes good now, if I kept everything sterile enough then I think its going to be ok.

6314609019_aaecfef3a2_b.jpg

Top Bottom