Before & After (this was pretty damn fun)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    This was my first time putting together a stripped lower it was pretty fun and a lot easier than I thought it would be. :rockwoot: Thanks to pss for the stripped lower 139.00 and bradis for the spikes lpk that I bought on tuesday. Wish I could find an upper to go with it.

photo1aur.jpg

photo2jwf.jpg

Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have not done one yet. How much time do you have in it ? Did you have to have any special tool.

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    The ones I have done would normally only take about 30 minutes but I always seem to shoot a spring acrossed the room and I spend at least that much time cussing and looking for it. :)

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm also looking for an upper to complete my lower right now. I finished my lower about 2 months ago, and just haven't found the upper I wanted in stock. Now I wish I was a bit less picky...haha

As for time and tools. 1 hour to put together my first lower, which was taking my time, and the only "special tool" needed are punches to put the roll pins and such into place. So basically nothing special and pretty simple.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Nice. Just did one of those myself not three weeks ago. Pre-tragedy and a M&P no less, for about the same price.

Threw a DblStar 20" 5.56 on there and that puppy will drive tacks consistently at 200yds with iron sites (<--prior-military).

You should be very happy with that lower. :)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm also looking for an upper to complete my lower right now. I finished my lower about 2 months ago, and just haven't found the upper I wanted in stock. Now I wish I was a bit less picky...haha

As for time and tools. 1 hour to put together my first lower, which was taking my time, and the only "special tool" needed are punches to put the roll pins and such into place. So basically nothing special and pretty simple.

I've been thinking about doing a build myself, but I haven't really gotten into it yet on account of the no-money epidemic going around. Didn't you need an "armorer's wrench" for that? Guy at a gun shop told me I'd need one of those if I didn't get a complete lower or a complete upper. Or maybe I misunderstood what he was saying.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    building guns must be like smoking crack. thought i would just do one kit 20 yrs ago and been hooked ever since.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Just did one yesterday. Double star LPK came with extra detent and spring -but they were not needed ;)

Simple but enjoyable way to burn 20-30 mins. Dang Magpul grip was a bit of a bear to get started. Next one I do I'll buzz a slight lead in on the grip edge.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have not done one yet. How much time do you have in it ? Did you have to have any special tool.

It was really pretty easy. Maybe had 30-40 minutes in it, and didn't use any special tools. I put some masking tape on channel locks and used them for the pins. And honestly nothing flew across the room. This makes me want to get a couple more gave me something to do on a boring evening. I will say if you're a first timer youtube is your friend

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I put masking tape on the receiver to avoid scuffing when putting in bolt release lever pin.
    Use brass punch and small plastic face gunsmith hammer.
    Roll of masking tape makes a decent bench block (more of just a stand really).

Top Bottom