• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    I am looking for a 12 or 20ga shotgun to be able to bring along to skeet shoot with for beginners, my own 12ga is too long and bulky for most women and younger people. Single shot would be great since it won't get much use.

I'm out of Muncie IN, but I'm willing to meet at Wilbur Wright range or in Indy.

Im looking to spend ~ $100-200

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I went through this same line of thinking a few years ago. A buddies wife want to shoot skeet with us. Then there was my son when he was younger. Ultimately what I learned was - teach them to use the gun you do. I bought a cheap 20ga single shot. I tell you that thing kicked like a mule until I put a recoil pad on it. I learned to teach them good hold, stance and lean into it a bit so that you absorb some of the recoil.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I might suggest you think about spending a little more and look for a Remington 1100. You could find an extra stock cheap, especially if it's already been cut down, and let the ladies and kids shoot it. You then could always resell it if you chose not to keep it. There's always a buy/sell market for an 1100 and because there were so many manufactured they can be had relatively cheap. AND, they're practically impossible to wear out.

Stay away from single shots or pump guns. Generally speaking they kick more (felt recoil). The movement of the action of an auto loader has an inherent recoil reducing affect.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom