• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2023
    Central Indiana
    Does anyone out there have any recommendations or experiences with belly band holsters? Would appreciate any experiences you have had good or bad and any recommendations that you might have. Greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Have a great day!!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've used this for years.

I only use it for going outside in the middle of the night to walk the dogs on occasion, or check the property after the dog's alert me to something amiss while in my linen PJ's and cowboy boots :lmfao:

I do not run with it, or use it for hours at a time. It has held over the years, and for the price I'm satisfied with it.
    It does come with a lifetime warranty, and a satisfaction warranty. The customer service is top notch as well. Jake is a good guy.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    SFT2 Tactical is the model I’ve been eyeing. Hardside tucks are never a comfortable fit. My only concern is being a bit on the thinner side, is it going to create a “shelf” around my waist? I like to wear clothes that fit. We’ll see…

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Dang, those Phlster's ain't cheap. The specgear Truss looks pretty slick, especially for the right situation.
    Nope but they are nice. The wife and i both have one. I carry more with it than any of the other 5 holsters we have. Basketball shorts, sweatpants no problem.. Ive been using it outside my clothes when im working outside cutting wood, hiking etc when its cold out and with a jacket or a vest on you cant see it. Overall they work well and its in an actual kydex holster not a piece of nylon covering the trigger guard. I cant trust the flexible nylon trigger guard when the barrel is pointing at your boy or boys.. just a personal opinion but its kydex or im not wearing it

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have 4 enigmas with different holsters on them. I would use those over any kind of belly band for concealment. I find it easier to do a separate enigma than to swap holsters when I want to carry a different gun. I have a 1st gen enigma with a glock 9/40 holster, an express model with a g48 holster, a light bearing model with a g48/TLR7 holster, and one of the newer LB express models (that might not be what they are called) with a floodlight2. All 4 of these I use with the sport belt and the reduced size buckle. The sport belt is more comfortable to me, and it has that stretch that you might be interested in from a belly band.

I do have one of the Vertex Clutch "belly band" style belts (it is a cheaper, slimmed down version of the Unity Clutch belt) as a quick, over the top of what I am wearing, "battle belt" of sorts. It holds a phlster OWB floodlight, spare pistol mag, spare rifle mag, and pouch for med gear. This is about the only way I would do a belly band holster.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Does anyone out there have any recommendations or experiences with belly band holsters? Would appreciate any experiences you have had good or bad and any recommendations that you might have. Greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Have a great day!!

What kind of usage are you lookin for Greg? Every day carry? Deep carry on occasion? Aversion to leather, Kydex, etc? Would just help for suggestions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom