• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I flipped a coin and put it here. I have a new 25 cal Marauder that I bought a few months ago and I have finally pieced together. I'm glad I didn't know how much it would cost to put together a to z or I wouldn't have bought in. Now that I have it fully assembled I am having trouble loading the magazine. I see how it is supposed to align but when I open my bolt it only opens enough to put a single pellet in, not the magazine. It only opens about half the way needed to clear the magazine to slip in. I went through the instruction book and even googled the issue without success.

Does anyone know what im talking about? Or what I am doing wrong?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The bolt on mine has become really difficult to pull back far enough to cock, too. I don't really understand it, either. Other than that, the gun is amazing. I'm sure there's a trick to it, I just haven't really had time to mess with it.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Pull back harder-if that doesn't work ask over at marauderforums.com

That was the trick. When I was opening it the bolt stopped with a metallic clank. After the suggestion I pulled harder with about 10 pounds of force and it slid all the way open. Now it opens and closes with minimal pressure, no sticking at the old place. I'm still confused about what was stopping it before. Now to load the magazines and get to the range tomorrow THANKS

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not pluggin the site, but I strongly recommend that you set up an account on GTA - Airguns & Guns Forum so that you can take your question there.
    There are tons of airgun enthusiasts there, and the Benjamin Marauder just so happens to be one of the most popular airguns there, too.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Woohoo!!! I just picked up a scoped Marauder at an auction in Bloomington for tree fiddy. Of course it isn't charged so I don't know if it's functional but overall seems to be in pretty decent shape. Amazon said I'd have the scuba tank adapter here tomorrow so I should be able to charge it and test it. I've heard great things about these so I hope my next step after test firing it isn't boxing it up to send in for repairs. Of course with all of the info available on the 'net I'll probably be able to fix it myself unless there are specialty tools involved.

Last edited:

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    femurphy77,
    I shoot PCP's often and can fill it for you if you live close to Bloomington. Stripping and replacing o-rings is an easy task on the Marauders.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    femurphy77,
    I shoot PCP's often and can fill it for you if you live close to Bloomington. Stripping and replacing o-rings is an easy task on the Marauders.

Appreciate the offer but I'm just east of Mooresville so I guess I can wait until tomorrow. I guess I should have posted before I left the auction!!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yes, do NOt use penetrating oils on them!

They'll destroy the seals inside the chamber.

My bolt is now working well, too, after a few hard pulls.

I love shooting my Marauder, and the accuracy is simply amazing. I'm thinking of selling it, though, because I've just got too many fun guns to shoot. One other thing I love about it is that it doubles as exercise equipment. Pumping that thing with the bicycle style pump is a nice workout!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They'll destroy the seals inside the chamber.

My bolt is now working well, too, after a few hard pulls.

I love shooting my Marauder, and the accuracy is simply amazing. I'm thinking of selling it, though, because I've just got too many fun guns to shoot. One other thing I love about it is that it doubles as exercise equipment. Pumping that thing with the bicycle style pump is a nice workout!

Pumping???? Pshaw!! With six full scuba tanks in the barn; http://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Adaptor-Benjamin-Crosman-Airguns/dp/B003XDZ0CE

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ok, ok. I stand corrected on the penetrating oil.
    And TimJoe, I do know what PCP is. I was just being facetious.
    I do like my Trail nitro piston, though.
    Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I do recommend American airgunner TV. It's not the slickest thing, but it's all airguns.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My tank adapter arrived this morning, honestly don't know how Amazon is making any money with free overnight delivery! Anyhow charged it to 2500 psi and Holy varmint guts Batman!!!! Is this thing fun to shoot or what???:rockwoot: I'm amazed at the power and disappointed by the lack of loud report from it. . .something that hits as hard as this thing is supposed to go bang but this is just a quiet discharge. Hell, none of my dogs even raised their head when I fired it. I shot at a double wall stainless stove pipe on the scrap pile from about 75 yards and it broke the outer skin and just damn near penetrated it completely. This thing is definitely not a toy. All those damn birds that have taken to ****ting on the cars the last week are in serious trouble now!!

Top Bottom