• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Did Beretta ever make the 92model in a nickel finish? If so, what specific models was it available in...92fs? Have searched their website and cant find out an actual answer. I know theyve made an inox version, but I think that is stainless steel.

Thanks in advance.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    To my knowledge the only Beretta 92 in Nickel was the Billennium edition, very rare.

You are right about the Inox, which is Italian for stainless.

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    I read a post online (not INGO) where someone stated that if the beretta inox was not made in US, then it has better materials? Almost as if they were stating the ones made here werent all stainless steel?

I appreciate the help, unique guns arent cheap...so the more info the better.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have seen several nickel M92's in various shops and at gun shows, I just assumed they were custom jobs.

And I believe your assumptions would be correct, they were just custom jobs.

About the only complaint with some of the Inox a couple of years ago was Beretta tried saving a few dollars and used black controls on their Inox 92FS. More than a few people were angry and let Beretta know it.

Other than that, Beretta Italy made sure that when they set up the factory in the USA that it met the same standards as the original.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Beretta did in fact make a handful of factory nickle guns. Four (4) Beretta 92SB compacts were imported for a special collector in 1990 (if I remember correctly).

The other two were the Beretta Steel 1 and the aforementioned Billennium. Slightly more than 2000 Billenniums were made in SA 9mm. The Steel 1 was made in both 9mm and 40 cal, SA and DA.

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    First off, thanks for all of the great feedback and info. Does anyone know of a good firearm plating company located in Indiana? Tried Industrial Plating here in lafayette, but they stated that they dont do firearms because the tolerances are too tight?

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    customizedcreationz.com they do a lot of custom handgun plating. I personally have never had any work done with them, but I have seen the results they are nothing less than spectacular!

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Get it cerakoted man. Lot less to deal with.

as far as the Italian vs USA berettas, I've found the Italian made ones to have a better trigger out of the box. That being said, I still had my trigger/sear polished and man what a difference!

my stainless 92fs is smoooooove!

Top Bottom