• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta in their manual states it is ok to use lead ammo as long as you thoroughly clean all lead out of the barrel before firing jacketed bullets.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Beretta in their manual states it is ok to use lead ammo as long as you thoroughly clean all lead out of the barrel before firing jacketed bullets.

That's the main thing... And that's an "issue" with all pistols, really.

Some would suggest a mag or two of jacketed ammo for every couple hundred rounds of lead. Thought being that the jacketed ammo would serve to help "scrub" / wipe the residue out before it got too thick to cause pressure issues. I have no idea if this principle is true or not, however.

-J-

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Not to sound like I miss treat my Beretta's but I've run a lot of lead rounds down the pipe and then run some jacketed stuff and I haven't ever had a problem... Cleaning them is something I do after they get muddy or maybe out in the snow and rain etc. Not very often otherwise and they always go bang when I use them...

acss502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Central
    Be careful if they're reloads. I fired some through my 92 and the back of the casing and blew the trigger connector spring out of position. Also shot these in a ruger and didn't have an issue. Not sure what caused it, but I had to tear down and reconnect the triggef when I was done. Never had any other problems and haven't shot reloads in anything since.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    how do you know the ammo has lead in it

Without being snarky... You're going to have to ask a more specific question than that.

Because the bullets / projectiles generally always contain lead - unless you get lead-free bullets.

And the primer compound generally always contains lead, too - unless you get lead-free primers.

So you can have a lead-free bullet + standard primer and still have "ammo with lead in it"

-J-

Top Bottom