• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I've read somewhere that you can buy a 40 S&W conversion kit for a 92fs, barrel: slide: springs:etc. Does anyone have any knowledge that this can be done and if so who carries it? Thanks.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    You read that on my thread! Haha. To my understanding, the 92 to 96 kit was made by Beretta, is fairly old, potentially not even produced anymore, and probably pretty hard to find. I'm in the same boat as you though, but I'm trying to get a conversion kit from 96 to 92. :): Keep me updated if you find anything out and I'll do the same! :D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Check with Brownell's as they are Beretta's parts outlet. Every now and then they do list the slide assembly and barrels. The drop block and recoil springs are available from Beretta themselves on their website.

If Brownell's is out, check Gunbroker auctions. I have gotten a couple of nice slides and a nice barrel at a very reasonable price on Gunbroker. Just have to keep your eyes open as sometimes parts are listed higher than you can get from the factory (or Brownell's) but now and then there are some great deals on Gunbroker on Beretta parts.

Also, the later M9 slide will work instead of a 92FS slide. Just make sure you get one with the slot for the enlarged hammer pin on the FS.

Top Bottom