• jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Any opinions on a beretta cx4 in 9mm

Thanks

I can't speak specifically for the 9mm version but my CX4 in .40 S&W is a sweet carbine. It's loads of fun to shoot, easy to take down and clean, and just looks cool in my opinion. Great for target shooting, plinking, varmints, and home defense.

I recommend it highly.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I had one in 9mm a few years ago and regret getting rid of it. It was so accurate it was almost boring to shoot. I had a reflex sight on mine, and at 25 yards it would leave a 2" ragged hole in the target. Ah, sellers remorse...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Adding my 2 cents, it's a great rifle. In fact my daughter liked mine so much I had to buy another for myself. It's that good, that reliable, that accurate, and that much fun to shoot.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Great carbine -- accurate, reliable and all kinds of fun to customize. And if you own a 92 or 96, the magazines are interchangeable.

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    Great carbine -- accurate, reliable and all kinds of fun to customize. And if you own a 92 or 96, the magazines are interchangeable.

:+1: I have a 92G & a couple M9s so I really like the flexibility of interchanging magaziness between my Beretta handguns and CX4 Storm.

I have the CX4 in 9 MM since 2005 and love the small size of the rifle and there are upgrade parts for the rifle at WWW.sierrapapa.com. Check out WWW.berettaforum.net for more information on a great rifle.

I also added the SierraPapa upgrades and really like the improved reliability this adds to the rifle. This is a definite upgrade....

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I have a cx4 in .40S&W and I love it. Very accurate and almost no recoil. I need to get it out more often.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Ditto all the positive comments, only negative is the price. I'm still waiting on the thread adapter so I can put my gemtech multimount on it, ugh! I can't wait to shoot 147 g 9mm through it suppressed.

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    Wow I am considering one down the road and this thread is a big thumbs up towards that.

Interchangeable mags with 92 handguns is a big plus IMO as some mentioned.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Nice, but it seems that Beretta took a few shortcuts on the design, materials, manufacture. There are upgrade parts available - you don't NEED them all, but I think the recoil spring rod/buffer kit is essential - when they break your rifle is non functional, and they break almost immediately.

There is a trigger improvement kit too - not essential for reliability, but nice to have.

These upgrade parts are expensive, but well made, and will take a great concept and turn it into a great little rifle.

I seem to recall that Sierra Pappa is the company that do the upgrades - but I may have that name incorrect (I am old and feeble)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    but I think the recoil spring rod/buffer kit is essential - when they break your rifle is non functional, and they break almost immediately.

WeeJ,

How old is your rifle? I'm wondering if that is something Beretta addressed. Mine is a couple of years old and it still functions flawlessly. I have a bunch of rounds through it.

Curious.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I fixed one for a friend (not really much fixin, but he's a desk jockey with no tech ability whatsoever). He'd had the rifle since about 06 (I don't know if that counts as early or not). The recoil spring assembly was held together by the buffer from what I recall, and this broke the second time he used it. He put it away and did not look at it again until last year - he purchased the aftermarket parts and I installed them.

IMO the original design was abysmal, and the materials used were a joke. The new setup should outlast the rifle.

Top Bottom