• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    this is just a fun little gun

Wanted one for along time and found here for sale by ROAC and bought it Great transaction from ROAC as well, good guy)

I have had a few Beretta long guns, but all shot guns

Had a 20 ga Onyx that I sold (and regret) and a currently have a 12ga 391

418239390_UdgAC-M.jpg

Finally got a CX4 in 9mm. Wanted one for long time.

This one has the Sierra Papa trigger/hammer upgrade, top rail, long side rail, a regular rail on the other side, dual charging handles and three 20 round mecgar magazines.

I took a sight off one of my other guns to try on the CX4 (only had cell phone for pics yesterday)

1255721007_2K9rgH5-M.jpg

1255721101_pxDm3ZK-M-1.jpg

Gun did not come with the sight tool so all I could adjust was the windage (the iron sight target is the bottom right and shows this pretty well, just ignore the first two big misses) but elevation seems spot on for 25 yards.

The other three targets were used to try and dial in the reflex sight. TO varying degrees of effect.

This little carbine is a lot of fun. I can't wait to get back to the range.

1255721134_GLpPDd8-L.jpg

still more work to do to dial it in but I had fun. After a few rounds the iron sights were pretty dial in (Bottom right target)

Not sure the Trijicon is the right one for the CX4 since the only mount I have puts it up pretty high.

May look for a lower dollar sight

looking pretty hard at a Bushnell Trophy (the one that looks way too much like an acog

B&H carries it for 139 LINK

I like the "T" dot set up

Last edited:

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    and here is the best part

in my "I am a twelve year old kid with a new bicycle" level of excitement to go shoot this thing I grabbed an ammo box nearly full of .223 and no 9mm with me to the range

as I was about to pack it up and head home and feeling like a dope a guy at my gun club (that I just joined) comes up and asks me about the storm

turns out he has one also and then he gives me a box of 50 rounds so I don't have to go home without firing a shot and he would not let me give him a nickle for it

pretty sure his name is "shoots4fun" here on ingo

very good guy and he saved my afternoon

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I bought a CX4 Storm in 9mm when they first came out and my daughter had so much fun with "my" rifle that I wound up buying a second! His and her Beretta Storm Carbines!!!

As you found it is a ton of fun shooting, being light, accurate and very little felt recoil.

Two things to warn you, first the Storm Carbine was not designed like the 92FS pistol to be breach loaded. Always chamber a round from the mag as the manual says or you can hurt the extractor.

The second warning is to treat the recoil spring rod and buffer plastic piece assembly with extreme care as it can be broken if you are not careful.

Other than that, enjoy the heck out of yours. I have several thousand rounds through mine and enjoy it every time I have it out.

Top Bottom