• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    So I just picked up a Beretta M9 at one of my LGS after looking for almost a year for one. Now I just need to find the right holster for it, and maybe a couple other good magazines. I am mainly looking for an OWB leather holster that has a small cant forward that does not have a thumb snap. I have a Bianchi for my 1911 that fit and feels amazing, not sure of the type because I got it from a gun show used. Is there any suggestions or ideas toward a holster and some good quality mags for it. thanks for the input and help.
    IMG_20150623_161208_210.jpg
    Also I don't plan on using this gun as my EDC, I have a Glock 26 for that this will just be used mainly at the range and maybe on other occasions throughout the year.

~M-gunner-89~

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    No help with the holster but Mec-Gar 20 round mags are what I use in mine and I stock up on the surplus mags at the gun shows.
    Congrats on your new gun and good luck with your holster search.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I have a couple of the Mec-Gar 20 round mags as well. I like them, though it takes a bit to get used to the length, or it did for me at least. A holster is such a personal choice imo good luck with your search. A fine gun as far as I'm concerned. Been carrying mine since 1990 (92-FS).

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I recently purchased a Mitch Rosen Holster (5JR-TB) I ordered through Dillon Precision. I am pretty impressed with it. Well made, forward slant, thumb break. Still like my High ride Fobus paddle holster (after I modified it a little) because of the convenience, but you were asking about leather.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can' help with holsters, but when it comes to mags, use only "PB" marked Beretta factory mags, MDS who also make the factory mags for Beretta and they mark some theirs replacing the "PB" with "MDS". No difference other than some styles of finish and the letters. Also as stated above, Mec-gar mags are good to go as they too have made Beretta factory mags. The ones with their name on them are identical to the PB marked mags exept obviously they aren't PB marked. ;)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I use Galco . There combat master or concealable holster. I have both for my Glock EDC. Got both off of eBay for a very good price.

mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Thanks for all the quick replies and the answers to my questions. I ended up shooting it yesterday and man is it an accurate pistol. I love it already. How far do the 18 and 20 rounders extend out the end of the grip? I don't really want NY space between the mag plate and the grip. Again for all the quick replies.

~M-gunner-89~

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I also have a 92F and it is a wonderful gun!

The MecGar 20rd mags do not have any space between the grip and the base pad of the mag. The base pad is larger to fill in the space for the larger mag. These mags are top quality and work flawlessly in my 92F. I have a link below to Midway USA so you can see a photo of the larger magazine. Make sure you click the "20-round" option under "Capacity" to see the correct photo. Many retailers sell these mags, so feel free to shop around. But Midway does have a decent price at this moment.

Mec-Gar Optimum Mag Base Pad Beretta 92 9mm Luger Steel Anti-Friction

There are other things you can do if you want to change things up.

Wolff Gunsprings has some different hammer springs and trigger return springs that can lighten up the trigger a little. Link below.

Springs for BERETTA 92, 96, AND CENTURION Semi-Auto Pistols

I replaced the mainspring end cap with a flush one as I did not care for the lanyard loop. Link below.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...-hammer-spring-92-96-st-combat-prod28328.aspx

I also replaced my mag release with an oversized one. Link below.

Beretta 92 / 96 Oversize Steel MAGAZINE RELEASE BUTTON

Wilson Combat now makes some extra parts for the Beretta. I really like the new shorter reach trigger. Link Below.

Beretta 92/96-Wilson Combat

Also, if you find the grip size to be a little to large, get the aluminum grips from Beretta USA's website. They are much, much thinner. Matter of fact, they are so thin, that the grip screw inserts in my older 92F were to fat. Apparently, all the newer grip screw inserts sit much lower and allow the thinner grips to be install...which the older ones would not. Not expensive or hard to replace then. Just something to keep in mind. Links below.

Beretta 92 Series Aluminum Chechered Grips w/ Trident Logo

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...ushing-grip-92-96-stock-combat-prod28330.aspx

I know that a few of the linked items are out of stock. You may have to shop for them if you want them sooner. But at least you have photos and an idea of what you are looking for.

Good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom