• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Doesn't Beretta still make the standard issue military pistol? Or has that business moved out? I'd figure they'd be more wary of jumping ship and do anything that may make the current administration black ball them.

So bravo if they do...they'd be the biggest one to stand up to 2nd ammendment attacks yet, wouldn't they?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, since an appeal to liberty doesn't seem to have much effect on politicians, I suppose an appeal to the tax revenue they stand to lose may be the most effective route.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    The Beretta M9's going away and being replaced by the venerable Colt M1911.

Shot both as a young 2LT. Only own 1911s for large carry as a civilian. That being said, Indiana has lots of shovel-ready real estate available for manufacturing exiles. I'd buy one just for old time's sake if they invested in the Hoosierland.:spend:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Shot both as a young 2LT. Only own 1911s for large carry as a civilian. That being said, Indiana has lots of shovel-ready real estate available for manufacturing exiles. I'd buy one just for old time's sake if they invested in the Hoosierland.:spend:

I saw a nickle plated looking one at Cabellas up in Hammond that I SWORE had my name written on it. The tag said 'Reserved for 87IROC if they move to Indiana'...

Regardless...I like historic Military rifles and such...so I could very well buy one someday. Had one in my hand but I chose my XD instead. Full size...but shorter barrel

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    My hopes are that our current Administration is trying to bring some of these companies to Indiana. Tax abatements and low interest loans, while I do not generally agree with, might be beneficial to bringing some here.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Marines are returning to the M1911 because it's .45.

We went away from the 1911 years ago why would we go back?

The move back to .45acp seems to be limited to SOCOM and, perhaps, the Marine Corps. The M9 was originally selected because of its larger magazine capacity and because the 9mm was considered to be easier to shoot than the .45acp, as well as being a standard NATO round - which the .45acp was not.

I've not heard of any reversion in DoDs thinking about a general-issue handgun. SOCOM, on the other hand, gets to pick its own weapons, pretty much, and they appear to like the heavier round. Not sure there's much enthusiasm for the smaller magazine capacity of the 1911, though.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    My hopes are that our current Administration is trying to bring some of these companies to Indiana. Tax abatements and low interest loans, while I do not generally agree with, might be beneficial to bringing some here.

:yesway:.......Yup......
    This'd be 1 good place......even though I ain't lived in Jeff for 20 yrs.....this's the old Indiana Ammo Plant property (hunt'd in here backin the day by lotto draw.....deer out'a yang,hahahaha !).....all re-vamp'd,open for bizznizz......Amazon just built and open'd they're big'st distribution center in the world here.....and they're already x'pand'n it....

With the new bridge under construction FINALLY(thanks for the 40 yr holdup.....E Jefferson Co/Prospect 'tards.....:xmad:) go'n in accross the river link'n 265 and the Gene Snyder on Ky side......great location freight/transport wise.....

River Ridge Commerce Center

:cool:

Top Bottom