• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2023
    I have a Beretta Model 92 with no markings other than a 5-digit serial # on left side of frame. It has no letters before or after the number. On the left side of slide it has Pist. Mod. 92 Cal. 9 Para and BERETTA. The right side of frame and slide are blank. No country of origin. no import marks, no proof marks and nothing under the grip panels. In the book.... World of Beretta, it mentions some sample models that were taken to Brazil for the competition to for the contract because they weren't in production yet. Is it possible it could be one of those? Any info would be very much appreciated. I have contacted Beretta several times . They have researched it, but have not given me any info as of yet. They did ask me where/how did I acquire this firearm.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is the side of the slide stepped (first model) or smooth (second model).
    A couple people believe the no letter is pre production, to show Brazil. Italy didn't have the capacity to make these, and Brazil made a lot of them.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Correction. 5000 first models. First 1000 has stepped slide and unbranded grips. The rest are flat sided and branded grips.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    'It was developed between 1970 and 1975 as a possible replacement for ageing Beretta M951 pistol, and entered production in Italy in 1976.
    First adopted by the Brazilian army in 1977, this pistol was later adopted in Italy in its Model 92S, “SB”, and finally “F” modifications.'

Based on this article, if it's a step slide, probably a pre production gun made in Italy.
    I have seen a flat slide, and it was marked Italy. So I know Italy was still making some after the slide change.
    I think France also made some flat sides, but the writing on the slide is in French.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I reported this in another thread but again - I have a similar 92 with a no letter 5 number serial. According to a talk I had with a Beretta rep there were some taken to show the Brazilians what was wanted. They were demo models on with no intent to sell. They were surprised that I had one. No import markings and no Italian proof marks.

Brazil made 92 had a “B” in front of a 5 digit number. Also had “Brazil” stamped somewhere on the frame.

hammer01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2023
    indykid, that is exactly what I have. No letters, no markings, nothing but a 5-digit serial # in the 12700 range. What you have stated certainly agrees with what is said in the World of Beretta book about sample models built in Italy, taken to Brazil, because production had not started yet. Thank you guys for all of your input..... greatly appreciated.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a Beretta Model 92 with no markings other than a 5-digit serial # on left side of frame. It has no letters before or after the number. On the left side of slide it has Pist. Mod. 92 Cal. 9 Para and BERETTA. The right side of frame and slide are blank. No country of origin. no import marks, no proof marks and nothing under the grip panels. In the book.... World of Beretta, it mentions some sample models that were taken to Brazil for the competition to for the contract because they weren't in production yet. Is it possible it could be one of those? Any info would be very much appreciated. I have contacted Beretta several times . They have researched it, but have not given me any info as of yet. They did ask me where/how did I acquire this firearm.
    :postpics:

No but really. I think your right.

This video shows serial number #3

hammer01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2023
    Well we know now that there were prototypes built for competition/tests in Brazil. This video and the World of Beretta book confirm that. I just wish Beretta could provide some documentation with serial numbers etc. Thank you BigMoose for the video.

hammer01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2023
    I reported this in another thread but again - I have a similar 92 with a no letter 5 number serial. According to a talk I had with a Beretta rep there were some taken to show the Brazilians what was wanted. They were demo models on with no intent to sell. They were surprised that I had one. No import markings and no Italian proof marks.

Brazil made 92 had a “B” in front of a 5 digit number. Also had “Brazil” stamped somewhere on the frame.
    Any idea what the value of one of these might be ?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Any idea what the value of one of these might be ?
    I really wish I knew. They don't show up often enough to get an idea on what one might sell for. About the only way to tell is a sale on an auction site like Gunbroker and see how much people are willing to spend on it.

As for the step side version selling for $1750 ish, WOW!

Top Bottom