• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    i bought a Beretta Nano Saturday and took it to the range today.
    WOW i love this new CCW it is now my new EDC i shot 150rds with zero problems. i was keeping a 3in group at 20 yds(PMC 115gr.) i replaced this pistol with my old EDC which was a ruger LCP. dont get me wrong the LCP is a sweet little hand cannon but this NANO blows it out of the water. The accuracy is great the recoil is low for a "pocket pistol" and the slide is so smooth. the only thing i didnt care for is the trigger it is a long heavy pull (5.7lbs) measured with my Lyman pull scale. but if anyone is looking to buy a new CCW i highly recommend the Nano why wait for a Shield when these bad boys are sitting on the shelf, with tax mine cost around $425.00

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Like mine too. It's a good call.

I was at a shooting range on Friday and Beretta was offering a "Test drive a Nano" program. Pay $10 and you get 20 rounds of ammo, a Nano, and a hat. You get to keep the hat obviously. I was pretty pleased with the deal.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I am glad you guys had a good experience. My best friend's Nano made two trips back to Beretta for being a Jamaholic. Worst pocket pistol I've shot and he just sold it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This little pistol is about as polarizing as Romney vs. Obama... Mine occasionally barfs on 115 grain WWB but I trust my life with it because it has never failed with anything but that ammo and I don't carry with anything but premium defensive rounds anyway. I just accept the fact it wants Wendy's instead of McDonald's everyday it goes out for lunch. At least it doesn't demand St. Elmo...

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    This little pistol is about as polarizing as Romney vs. Obama... Mine occasionally barfs on 115 grain WWB but I trust my life with it because it has never failed with anything but that ammo and I don't carry with anything but premium defensive rounds anyway. I just accept the fact it wants Wendy's instead of McDonald's everyday it goes out for lunch. At least it doesn't demand St. Elmo...

Hmmm well put...... I think

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

Its a real downer that many of them choke on the very ammo that is the best for practice and target shooting.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Did Beretta actually "fix" anything to make lighter loads cycle more reliably, or are some Nanos just better than others?

Over on the Beretta forums the school of thought is Brertta hasn't made any changes, they all seem to get less finicky with some break-in time. Mine only has a couple hundred down the pipe so maybe a couple hundred NATO 124 grain in waiting will loosen it up a bit.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I am glad you guys had a good experience. My best friend's Nano made two trips back to Beretta for being a Jamaholic. Worst pocket pistol I've shot and he just sold it.

How many rounds through it, what ammo caused the issues and did Beretta get it fixed?

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    The word Nano made me think it's an iPod Nano, the little one that would listen to the same music until you're bored to death. Why because my son won one from one of the pizza place he entered. I couldn't believe how small that thing was. Now, to him, it's history.

If you're happy with it, that's more important then anything else.:popcorn:

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I'm looking at the Nano, Shield and PM9. Thoughts from anyone that has owned or shot these for comparison?

What holsters are you guys using for the Nano?

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    I'm looking at the Nano, Shield and PM9. Thoughts from anyone that has owned or shot these for comparison?

What holsters are you guys using for the Nano?

i just carry mine in my waist band for the time being beretta has a nice IWB holster for around 60 bucks :( but im sure the is a $20 de santis holster out there i havent looked too much

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I bought one this summer thinking I'd like it but I don't.

It's been reliable for me. Previous owner sent it back to Beretta and it seems they did a fluff n buff. I read the reviews about jamming on low power loads so I tried a few mags each of wwb, federal, sellier and beloit, and fiocci through it without a hitch. Well, I did have one stovepipe with wwb but I blame it on brother in law limp-wristing. Out of the 5 brands of SD ammo I have on hand, none gave me any issues.

Almost 100% identical size as my PPS save for barrel length. Doesn't conceal any better, doesn't carry any more rounds and I don't like the trigger.

However, it's surprisingly accurate given the size. I just can't seem to find out what it does better than the compact guns I already own.

For someone that doesn't have a gun in this form factor and is looking for one, I'd definitely recommend it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love mine. A lot! I've never had any problems with any ammo I've tried. I regularly practice with cheap federal ammo from Walmart.

I love the size and wouldn't trad mine for anything. Carry it every day in my High Noon.

The only complaint I had was no night sighs but a few months ago I bought a set from Beretta and love those too.

I highly recommend it. :yesway::yesway:

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glad you like the Nano...

It's fun to get cool new toys. I shot one at the range last week but couldn't get next to it. Too small for my big claws. I'm a big guy so I don't need a gun that small. My Ruger sr9c hides just fine under my love handles in a Stoner 415 IWB holster.

Now the px4 storm subcompact .40cal I shot the same day was a different story. That may be my next acquisition. Great in the hand, accurate, and dead sexy!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    D*mn you ALL! LOL I have the PX4 .40 at the top of my current wish list and since I sold my 21a I really need a new Beretta pocket piece....I'm not quite a fanboy but I really do enjoy shooting every Beretta I've ever owned and aside from my 90-two they have proven to be the most accurate guns right out of the box IMO. I'm sold, now I just need a new job that actually pays:(

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The Shield is the best pocket pistol, period IMO. Have a CW9, CM9, and a Glock 26....Finally got to shoot the shield and its more accurate, better trigger and perfect size.

I carry an M&P9c in a Desantis pocket holster and they work great. $20 on Amazon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've about 500 rds through my Nano. It's been my EDC since putting my Kel-Tec P11 into backup. As pointed out, the action and recoil is very smooth for such a little gun, making for relatively small patterns. Currently I keep it in an Uncle Mike's thumb break holster until I find something better.

Top Bottom