• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coon hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Just bought one and i have to say i am quite pleased with the accuracy an it but i am having porblems with the gun feeding correctly. i was reading online about them and i got two general ideas. 1 polish feed ramp. done. same problem. 2 shoot a different brand. i have used cci remington winchester, and federal. any advice on a different round? still having chambering issues. and yes the magazine is seated correctly

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If you bought it new, I'd think about sending it back to them. We had one new - ate anything you fed it. My brother has it now - still eats anything. Is this a case of not feeding correctly every time? Intermittently? Or ??

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you bought it new, I'd think about sending it back to them. We had one new - ate anything you fed it. My brother has it now - still eats anything. Is this a case of not feeding correctly every time? Intermittently? Or ??

I also have had no problems after about 2500 rounds...mine has eaten everything I've fed it...is the chamber or feed ramp noticeably fouled?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Ditto here, mine even eats WWB fine. I did have some issuess with some bulk blazers once. Check for a spur at the top of the chamber. Examine a bullet that didn't feed. Is there a dent or marking on it... If the gun is used, take it down and stretch out the main spring a bit.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I've never had FTF issues with any of my Berettas; can't say I like the looks of the U22, but never had issues with any that I've shot. Did you buy new? If so, I'd call Beretta to see what they will do for you.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Check the magazine to make sure the mag follower is not binding. Even if you are having issues with both mags that came with the pistol, make sure both aren't doing it. .22LR semi autos are very temperamental about round loading in the mag, and if the mag itself is dirty, or the follower has a burr on it, it could cause mis-feeds.

I have a couple of Neos, one I have on the carbine kit, and both are very reliable, but I have noticed that if the mag gets dirty, the round will nose down as it reaches the top of the mag. I always make sure I wipe down the inside of the mags by just retracting the follower and running a cotton swab inside.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I agree about checking the mag. I have 15 for mine and the one that has issues feeding is one that came from the factory with the gun.

coon hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    thanks guys. called up beretta today and they are sending me a new magazine. i just hope that fixes it. neither one of the two magazines that came with it fed properly 100% and yes it was purchased new.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Also, if it has two springs wrapped around each othe, try only using 1

VERY bad advice and (if someone's foolish enough to take it) extremely liable to get them hurt. If a design incorporates two springs in a particular application (such as in the recoil mechanism) the engineers did it that way on purpose and there're good reasons why they chose to do so, even if those might not be immediately apparent to you.

If you want to put your own eyes, hands, etc. at risk fiddling around with stuff you don't fully understand, that's your perogative. But please, don't ever encourage other folks to do the same.

Top Bottom