• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Go for it. I bought a "constant action" for my wife as it had smaller grip available and a bit less recoil. She enjoyed shooting it but after awhile she complained about the trigger pull. I found one that is a SA/DA and she likes that one even more. She is probably a better shot with that than I am with my 92FS or XD-M. I don't think that you could go wrong with one.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Go for it. I bought a "constant action" for my wife as it had smaller grip available and a bit less recoil. She enjoyed shooting it but after awhile she complained about the trigger pull. I found one that is a SA/DA and she likes that one even more. She is probably a better shot with that than I am with my 92FS or XD-M. I don't think that you could go wrong with one.

thanks for the advise :)

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I just bought one recently. I was thinking about changing out my carry gun which is currently a Kahr CW9. What I like about the px4 subcompact is the capability for double action and single action, the increased round capacity and the night sights.

I've had it to the range once. I had several failures to feed, however the occurrence decreased the more rounds I put through it, as you might expect. I also had not lubed it prior so that might be a factor. I had the same problem with my Kimber until it was broke in so I'm not worried about it, although I've shot probably 1500 rounds in my Kahr and its NEVER failed to feed.

The main thing I wanted was to be able to carry with one in the pipe in DA mode for safety. Subsequent shots are single action so presumably more accurate. The trigger is somewhat heavier shooting double action as expected. Trigger travel is same, quite long, in either mode and I didn't really feel like I was getting better accuracy in SA mode like I do with my Kimber.

It feels a bit chunky in my hand, but I'm used to the very thin Kahr. That the price you pay for all those extra rounds, and it isn't really that bad at all.

I'm not carrying it yet until it consistently feeds. I need another trip to the range now that I've cleaned and lubed it well. If you happen to be around Metro Indy it wouldn't be hard to convince me to take a friend.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I carry my px4 SC when im wanting a little deeper concealment or more comfort. I really like it, great trigger, extremely accurate for it's size. I put a hogue grip on (the one for glocks) it feels great on there. Never had any problems with mine what-so-ever.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I have no experience with the subcompact, but the 4" one is a great shooter. Its a staple of the range journey whenever we're shooting handguns.

Top Bottom