• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I think I've finally found my ideal 9mm pistol. I have owned a Glock, and dispise the lack of a safety, and especially that the trigger must be pulled in order to disassemble. I own a Beretta 92fs and love it, but is slightly too large and heavy for CC. My requirements are thus:

Safety and/or decocker (preferrably both, like 92fs)
    smaller than 92fs
    1911 rail for flashlight
    adjustable and replaceable sites (night sites will be added)
    highly accurate (again as related to the 92fs, as good or better)
    reliable for home defense, no jamming or light primer strikes
    lighter than 92fs trigger in SA
    quick and easy to reload and clean

I was looking at the HK P30, and FNPx9, but they are a bit larger than the px4 and cost more. As far as I can tell, accuracy is tops for all, but the px4 meets more of my requirements, plus it is a beretta, which makes favorite pistol so far.

So, am I correct in thinking that the px4 meets all of my requirements, particularly reliability and accuracy? Another question is whether the compact model is as accurate as the full size? I'm intersted in hearing from peope who own a px4.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A PX4 G model is always inches from me when I am at my desk at home. Always.

And many times it comes out with me when I leave the house.

Need I say more? :D

TJS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I bought a sub compact PX 4 Storm about a month ago. Put about 150 rounds through it, not the first problem of any kind. Mine is a 9mm and a pleasure to shoot. Feels great in hand and I too prefer the external safety and decocker. I got the snap grip extensions. Highly recommend the weapon.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I got it! Now I need to pick up a Hogue universal grip to thicken up the handle, and a Streamlight. Oh yea, and a Serpa holster. I love this gun and cant wait to get it on the range. If anyone knows where I can get affordable magazines, let know.

Changing the backstrap was no problem, but as predicted, the largest size isnt big enough for me. Also as expected, the magazines are very stiff to load, so I filled them and will let them sit full for a few days to loosen the springs.

Top Bottom