• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I am planning on gettting a Big Berkey this spring or summer for home use. I have a Katadyn Combi that is reserved for a backup, or in case travel is required.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've got a Berkey coming from Directive 21, the Berkey guy. I ordered it at the end of January and am told it will be shipping soon. When it gets in, I'll let you know what I think. It's supposed to come with three Berkey filtered sports bottles. Also has the newer black filters.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I'm a dealer for them - I'm in the NWI Indiana area.

I think they're great! I have one at home and at the office!

MOSSMIND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Can someone tell me if the filters can be cleaned, or do you just replace? I have been thinking about buying one, but the cost of extra filters does tack on some extra cost to the unit. Thanks in advance.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    From the berkeywaterfilterstore.com:

"Black Berkey filters are re-cleanable. When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey purification elements with a ScotchBrite pad under running water, reinstall and your system is again ready to purify water. Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 3,000 gallons (6,000 gallons per set of two) and provide years of efficient water purification."

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I have a Berkey sports bottle that works great. I take it on camping trips and can just dip water out of a lake to drink from. The bottle filters it as I drink. Hopefully soon I'll be getting a larger Berkey for house use.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    We will be stocking the Berkey Purifiers to do demos for our msg and are now offering near wholesale discounts to INGO members on anything the parent company/distributor New Millenium Concepts ltd offers.
    Just PM for pricing and ordering info.
    We shouldn't go broke prepping.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    berkeys are great, I also have britta, very good and simple.

Btittas are great for taste and low cost initial purchase but actually figure out high on a per gallon cost compared to the Berkey and similar. At $250 for the Big Berkey w/2 black purifiers(6000 gallons) is @ .0425 per gallon. The Brittas average $16 for the faucet cartridges which comes to @ .16 or $960 + Filter or pitcher to reach that same 6000 gallons. Not to mention the Berkey is rated for purification in actual extreme conditions.
    I spent @ $70-90 every month on bottled water until we got prepping for water because our community well is horrible.

So there is some savings factors to figure.
    People who can do math will get this.

I will be helping INGO members get that down to .03 per gallon.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    So Oldfb, will you be carrying all of New Millenium Concepts products, or just the Berkeys?

We probably won't be stocking it but I will get INGO members the best prices we can on anything they carry. The prep supplies aren't free shipping for us and if you are from IN we have to cover the state sales tax so I don't know how great those prices will be unless we are talking case pricing.

As long as we can cover our expenses with a very very small transaction charge(prep fund) we will help the forum members out the best we can.

Regards
    C

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Where are you located? Do you have a retail store?

Valparaiso
    We don't have a brick and mortar business. Once we get up and running we are thinking of doing home demonstratios upon request. Maybe charge a small fee(deducted from purchase price) to cover travel expenses and avoid lookie-loos.

Eventually we hope to help a group of people start doing outside sales and demos. All they would need to start doing demos would be one Big Berkey of their own to use on calls. We would handle everything else for a small piece of the pie. Essentially they would make the lions share of the profits and they can help themselves start their own business even becoming dealers if they choose.

Maybe we are reaching too far but our intentions are to help others where we can and make a little extra for our preps on the side.
    Being disabled I decided this might work out and let me be productive again.
    Having 25 years in various retail, transportation, logistics, sales and training employees I looked for an idea that allowed me to use my skills. My wife started an ebay account for me as a trial run(dreamlinkonline) and I was able to prove my customer satisfaction ability selling tools,
    crafts and my car audio systems.
    Then I kind of put that on a back burner because of my injuries.

With so many out there unable to find jobs we are hoping to help others that are struggling.

Ok enough of a threadjack. sorry gang. If anyone is interested in working with us or any of the products send a PM.

Thanks again
    Chris

Top Bottom