If you like it, get it.

Personal Preference:
    Don't like the slide safety
    Only like the double stack mag model because of capacity
    Don't like the .380 round that much
    Trigger is pretty decent
    Sights are not bad
    Grip feels pretty good

I would look at some of the small 9mm or if you want a .380 maybe look at the LCP or DB380

For the price the Bersa's usually go for you might be able to get something else with a little more bang (if that matters to you, I know I don't want to get shot period).

Good luck and welcome to INGO

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I've got a Bersa Thunder 380cc. I like it. Small enough for pocket carry, and bigger than my P3AT, and therefore much more comfortable to shoot. If this is going to be your primary carry gun, I would look around a little more for a 9mm.

IMO, it's a good gun, I enjoy mine for what I use it for, but depending on your needs, there might be better options.

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    I had one, never had any issues only about 100 rounds through it or so, check christian gun owners website, he is saying that some recent production run models have had issues, he was a huge proponent of the Bersa 380. The only thing I don't like is the insane mag prices, and the exposed transfer bar and the zippy noise when you rack it...you guys know what I mean??? it has this funny high pitched tone when you cycle the slide, mine also seemed to pull to the right on recoil, more so than any of my other pistols...like I said though, never had an issue with it. Sold it due to safeties and just slightly to large for pocket carry for me, but I am short 5'7".

Stephen A. Camp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Texas
    Hello. I own a Bersa Thunder ("Duo-Tone") .380 ACP as well as an e-nickled copy of its predecessor, the Series 95, in the same caliber.

If these relatively inexpensive 380's comfortable to shoot and in both cases, POA matches POI out to about 25 yards, which is as far as I have fired either at paper. So long as Bersa magazines are used, reliability has been just fine. My Series 95 came with an aftermarket (Pro Mag) that would fail to feed the last round almost always in either pistol.

My Thunder has roughly 2K rounds through it and it remains without much wear and I've suffered no parts breakage. I will be replacing the recoil spring soon, just to be on the safe side. I've fired perhaps a fourth that many shoots through the Series 95; again, no issues so long as Bersa magazines, expensive though they may be, are used.

I have seen several Bersa Thunders being used for the state-mandated firearm qualifications for obtaining a Concealed Handgun License and all worked flawlessly...at least for the 50-rnd course. The greatest number of shots I've fed mine before cleaning was between 200 and 250. The pistol was functioning fine, but I used it one day during a training session in which the client specifically requested being taught with a Bersa Thunder 380 like they were using and firing about a hundred and ten shots the next day, just burning up various types of .380 ACP ammunition.

My experience with these pistols has been almost completely positive, but I've read and heard of folks not having nearly as good results.

Best and good luck.

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I currently carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and while I'm a big fan of the gun, I'm not 100% certain that it will remain my everyday carry gun.

-For starters, I am not entirely satisfied with the .380 caliber as a self defense round. With only 7 in the mag, I would like something with a bit more bang.
    -Also, I dislike that the gun has a magazine safety. It's not required in Indiana, and I personally don't like it.
    -It's not a particularly small gun, and you could easily purchase a Kel-Tec that would hold the equivalent rounds in .380 in a much smaller package.

That said, here are some things I really like about it:
    -External hammer
    -Is not a DAO carry gun, as seems to be the rage these days
    -Reliable (Zero malfunctions)
    -Thin (single stack mags)

So there you have it. It's a great gun for the price, and really does make a solid carry gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm a fan of the Bersa products. Right now, I have two 380s, two 9s, a 22 and a 45 and all have been great guns. Bersa puts out a solid product and has some of the best customer service I've seen. Even though the warranty is supposed to apply only to the original owner, they stand behind the guns for later owners as well. One Bersa (380CC) I bought second hand had an odd trigger feel. I sent it back to the warranty shop and when the gun smith checked it out, he said he did not like how the barrel pin was a bit loose, so they replaced the gun with a brand new one.

I also have a Walther PPK/S and that has given me far more trouble than all of the Bersas combined.

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    I have had mine for several years and have had no problems with it. I love it. Good luck!

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Roscott and I have similar views on this firearm. I loved my Thunder .380 until I got my Bodyguard .380. The only problem I had was with the safety sticking.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a Bersa Thunder 380, received a very nice offer, and sold it. I then bought a Walther PPK/S (an Interarms .380) which did its level best to chew my hand off. I took it back to the LGS where I bought it and now have another Bersa Thunder 380.

In addition to not wanting to eat my hand, I honestly think that the Bersa was every bit as well-made as the Walther. I'm sure that I'll get flamed for that comment, but so be it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've got a Bersa Thunder 380cc. I like it. Small enough for pocket carry, and bigger than my P3AT, and therefore much more comfortable to shoot. If this is going to be your primary carry gun, I would look around a little more for a 9mm.

IMO, it's a good gun, I enjoy mine for what I use it for, but depending on your needs, there might be better options.

I would say pretty much the same thing. I keep my Bersa CC in my computer case, and sometimes carry my P3AT in my pocket or while running, then mostly carry a Keltec P11 in an ankle holster. Just about everything you suggested eh?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Does anyone have any experience with the Bersa Thunder?

Any Pros or Cons about this firearm?

I found one on sale for a pretty solid price.

It is a GREAT pistol. A lot of people will knock the Bersa because of its low price tag and where it is made but it is a very good pistol and a great value.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    i bought one two days ago went to the range this morning put 100 rounds threw it and it did well i think it jammed twice, but fun to shoot very inexpensive gun but 380 ammo is high.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom