• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    I don't own one, but have used up plenty of my friend's ammo! They are relatively small, basically zero recoil and very easy to shoot extremely accurately. Did I mention they cost next to nothing? I saw plenty of them at the 1500 for $225. I think it would make a nice CC piece.

That's my :twocents:. I am sure there will be many more opinions.

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Easy to maintain, a pleasure to shoot and comfortable to carry. The .380 ACP is considered by many to be an acceptable (but not preferred) defensive round. I purchased mine from Fort Liberty here in Avon and have subsequently purchased a Fobus holster and extra Bersa mag. I do not like the Fobus and will shortly be obtaining a Galco or similar. As with many firearms, Bersa also has a lifetime warranty.

Not a perfect gun, but a smart buy IMHO.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Its just another PPK clone. Nothing wrong with it, but a very outdated design.

I'd rather carry a Mak.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just bought a second Thunder 380, with this one being a CC version. They are nice, reliable guns that are easy on the wallet and are also nice shooters.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LOL. The Mak is as much of a "PPK clone" as the Bersa is.

IMO, the Bersa beats out both the Walther and the Mak in terms of shootability and being carry friendly.

I agree. My only complaint is that the Bersa has some rough edges but I would not expect a highly polished gun in this price range. It shoots reliably and pretty accurate as well.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I just picked one up from a fellow member. I shot it yesterday and while I wouldn't say NO recoil, it sure is nice to shoot. Accurate, pretty attractive, nicely priced.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i bought one last week and love it. i might have to buy another one for myself because i think this will become the wife's my high noon tuckable holster came today and i tried IWB for the first time. works pretty well.

i did a quick review of the Bersa vs the Taurus 709 vs the Glock 26 a few days ago if you search.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I agree. My only complaint is that the Bersa has some rough edges but I would not expect a highly polished gun in this price range. It shoots reliably and pretty accurate as well.

My brother-in-law's PPK cuts the hell out of your hand. The edges of the entire backstrap are sharp and cut the web of your hand when you are shooting. It also has major reliability issues (failures with every mag).

A buddy of mine's Bersa might not have as nice of a fit and finish, but it doesn't have sharp edges and it has never had a failure.

They really seem to be a decent inexpensive little pistol. Only real downside I see is for the size/weight you can get other things chambered in a better round and the old design sometimes has issues with HPs. For $200 you can't really go wrong though.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carry mine in my computer case when I travel. The only downside is that it is a little weighty. If I were worried about that I would take my P3AT.

Some 380's had some kind of spring problem but if you buy new, you get a lifetime guarantee.

I think they are underrated and only because of the price.

This is my favorite Bersa, the 9mm High Capacity that I carry. At the $309 I bought it for at the 1500, I don't worry about getting it marked up.

bersathunder9.jpg

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with the compliments that most have paid here. It is a very ssssmmmooooooooootttttthhhh shooter in my opinion. Very accurate and easy to shoot.

My 380 eats everything I feed it, even JHP. I know some have said that some of the small 380's have trouble with this, but I've never had any FTF's on my Bersa. I haven't tried one of their 9's but I'd like to.

I think for the money, you'd be hard pressed to find something new or used that shoots as reliable, is still as easy to clean and maintain, and has a decent finish.

The only thing is if you run across 380 ammo, you have to buy it up to have enough to get your fix of shooting the Bersa when you want. But that's a different issue all together.

Mine...

picture.php

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I have a Thunder cc model and I love it!!! Ten feet or so it's great. I have a Glock 19 and a Kel-tec p3at and my thunder with me all the time.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wrong. The Mak is not a true PPK clone even though it has some similarities, but in my opinion is better pistol overall, and the 9x18 caliber is superior to .380, cheaper and easier to find.

LOL. The Mak is as much of a "PPK clone" as the Bersa is.

IMO, the Bersa beats out both the Walther and the Mak in terms of shootability and being carry friendly.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    By the way, anyone know where I can find extra Thunder .380 mags? They aren't easy to come by these days.

I bought one at Gander Mountain in Castleton today for 29.99. They seem to only occassionally have them in stock and they are Bersa factory mags. I did have bullets with me and had the clerk open the package so I could test loading it. One I bought there several months ago somehow had been crushed a little and the fit was too tight to allow easy loading and feeding. I had to return it and exchange it for one I tested before leaving.

Top Bottom