Besides AllenM - who else does Cerakote work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    With Allen's needed temporary step-back from gunsmithing / coating work (and understandably so!)... who else does this kind of thing?

I honestly don't think I'm at all competent enough to do it myself.

"Local" to Central Indiana is a big time bonus.

I think I want an M&P to end up looking like this: Smith & Wesson M&P Two-Tone Handgun Kit : Cabela's ---- a change from the normal black/black.

Thanks!

-J-

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've done it once on a buddies 1911. It's easy as long as you can get it blasted and you have access to an oven anybody can do it! I did run into trouble when I didn't use the correct size tip on the paint gun. Have to follow the directions exactly, no exceptions. Until I get my own permanent blaster and oven I won't be doing anymore.

Check out my thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/268936-cerakote-1911-my-first-time.html

Good Luck! Jon

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh, I know there's no way at ALL that I'm competent enough to accomplish this myself, Rusty! No sir, no way, no how!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Did you ask Allen if he could do the cerakote job you need? All you would need cerakoted is the frame and mag bases to mimick that gun. The below quote is from his post.

If you want Cerakote work done I will still be able to do that if you can bring me parts but until my time frees up I cant do complete jobs. Feel free to ask but please don't be offended if I decline. Until things change and I can get additional staffing at Diamond Collision this is the choice I have to make.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Did you ask Allen if he could do the cerakote job you need? All you would need cerakoted is the frame and mag bases to mimick that gun. The below quote is from his post.

yeah - I read that.

But the frame would need detail stripped (I don't know if I could accomplish that) as well.

If it were a simple thing like a 1911 or a Glock - I may be able to do it. But the M&P is a little more involved.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    We had the cz82 refinished by Ernie Baker at Hoosier Gun Coat - Professional Firearms Refinishing. He did a great job.
    The grips are by Paul at designer grips.

Seems they are cutting back too,must be the paint fumes.:dunno:

"*DUE TO UPCOMMING PROJECTS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ON ANY NEW WORK. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVIENENCE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE. I AM NOT SHUTTING DOWN MY OPERATION. I HAVE OBLIGATIONS THAT I NEED TO TEND TO. THIS SHUTDOWN IS TEMPORARY SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK BACK IN. ALL WARANTY WORK WILL STILL BE HOHORED. YOU CAN STILL CONTACT ME THROUGH THE EMAIL ADDRESS AT"

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I second Joe Bell. He has done several of my guns, and never a complaint great gunsmith and great customer service. You can search Bell Precision Rifles on Facebook, or his cell is 812-624-3825

Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    Seems they are cutting back too,must be the paint fumes.:dunno:

"*DUE TO UPCOMMING PROJECTS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ON ANY NEW WORK. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVIENENCE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE. I AM NOT SHUTTING DOWN MY OPERATION. I HAVE OBLIGATIONS THAT I NEED TO TEND TO. THIS SHUTDOWN IS TEMPORARY SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK BACK IN. ALL WARANTY WORK WILL STILL BE HOHORED. YOU CAN STILL CONTACT ME THROUGH THE EMAIL ADDRESS AT"

Oh, that's too bad! But, maybe he's just got too much to do right now?

Top Bottom