• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Love my Springfield 1911 Range Officer. Put some custom grips (wood) on it and it is downright beautiful. Feels good and shoots straight. Go for it--

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Just did trade for a like new Range Officer in 9MM cant wait to shoot it later in the week. People that own them seem to have only great things to say about them!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I would take advantage of Springfield's 3 free magazines and magazine holder and get the Range Officer. You have to buy it by 10/31/14. I recently got a new 1911, and found out about this a day late! I still like the Kimber I got, but I might have looked harder at Springfield if I had known!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Rural King is running a special in the Remington this month for $550 or so ($75 mail in rebate figured into that price). If you can swing the extra cash, the Springfield RO is the best 1911 you can buy in that price range. The features and quality you will find with the Springfield, coupled with excellent customer service, you would have better luck finding Waldo in a candy cane factory than finding a better deal on a 1911.

Cbabs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Indy
    I have never bought a gun online from buds, are there hidden cost? Transfer fees? Any help is appreciated.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have never bought a gun online from buds, are there hidden cost? Transfer fees? Any help is appreciated.

I bought a shotgun from them. Smooth transaction. Read the small print. I didn't incur any hidden fees and I checked with my local FFL to make sure how much he charged and if he would even do it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

FWIW...I know you're asking about Bud's. I've never bought a gun from them but I have bought 2 through KYGunCo.com. They have offered free shipping on both and I think they do on most, if not all guns. They have no hidden fees. They have a "cash" price and a regular price (e.g. like if you're going to pay by credit card). I've done it both ways. If you do cash like I did (with money orders), it takes a bit longer to ship as you're doing the ordering through mail. But as soon as they get the payment, they ship pretty quickly to your FFL. So, your only additional cost is your FFL transfer fee. Both times I bought from them, they were cheaper than Bud's BTW.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I have bought about six from Buds all purchases were simple with no added cost price includes shipping taxes and everything. Only pick up charge from your gun dealer. Heck the even now have an easy layaway plan.:rockwoot:

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Might I recommend a 1911 with an internal ejector, carbon steel frame and slide, blued finish, and no firing pin safety, as minimum standard equipment.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

If you are shopping online I would check around for best prices. Buds is pretty good. And Kentucky Gun Co. tends to have good prices on 1911's, especially Springfield's. I would also recommend Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. I have bought guns from KyGunCo and Sportsman's online. Both were smooth, easy transactions with no hassles or hidden costs. And both offer free shipping too. Sportsman's is very fast in getting your order out the door to you too. Bud's and KyGunCo do both have a Cash discounted price (3%) and a Credit Price. Typically the price you see is the cash discounted price. In order to get the cash pricing you must pay with cash, check, or money order. You can buy the gun online and hold it with a charge card. You then mail them a check or money order to get the discount. Unfortunately they wait for the check to clear too before they ship the gun. So paying by check will get you the discounted price. But you will have to be a little more patient and wait. Sportsman's charges the same price for cash, check or charge. And they give free 2-day shipping on your entire order with a gun purchase. Don't forget the FFL fee for whoever you choose to use for the transfer locally.

Guns For Sale Online - Kentucky Gun Co.
    Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore | Online Shopping for Firearms, Ammunition and Shooting Accessories

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have the SR1911 commander, the STI Spartan IV and The STI Spartan V. They are all great guns and I have had zero issues with any of them. You cant go wrong with either one. I think it is personal preference whether you like the stainless look of the Ruger or the parkarized surface of the Spartan. The Spartan also has front serrations and a better front sight than the Ruger.

Top Bottom