• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If she didn't get a chance to try the Bersa Thunder 380 let me know and she can shoot ours at Eagle Creek next weekend. If you really like pink then you can change the grips.

Add in another vote for the Bersa. I know several petite women who own and fire them without flinching. Recoil on them is quite mild.

Personally, I've never handled a rimfire autoloader that I'd trust with my life. Too many misfires and jams for my comfort. If set on rimfire, I'd consider a magnum revolver.

:twocents:

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    I like my Walther really well. I had a few jams at first but after two cleanings and few hundred rounds, it will shoot most bulk ammunition.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    My wife also has a P22 Walther. Bought it for her last year and she likes walking in the woods with it. It's small enough she can put it in a little pack and she is confident shooting it. I bought a Walther laser to go with it and I suppose it's fine but you really can't see it in the day time light at all. Just shot about 100 rounds thru it yesterday and it functioned 100%.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Get a .22 WMR revolver for your wife

Women tend to be lazy about doing any practice shooting. They want the gun. Then they put it somewhere and forget it.

Years ago, I bought a Smith & Wesson model 651 .22 WMR revolver for my wife. This gun holds six magnum rounds. The gun has a 2 inch barrel so it is quite compact.

I eventually added a Crimson Trace Laser sight to the gun. This Laser is on the grip. If she grabs the gun the laser turns on.

A revolver has too great features, especially for a woman. Revolvers are always on safety, and they are always ready to shoot. Just pull the trigger. A revolver doesn't have anywhere near the problems that you will experience with a pistol. There is too much trash inside a womans purse to foul the action on a pistol.

The .22 magnum is sufficient when used inside the home; at a distance of 10 feet outside the mall; or near the car in the parking lot. Just teach her to fire the gun (shoot) more than once aiming at the chest area of the attacker, or better yet, shoot below the stomach area in the lower body area. The lower body area will be free of obstructions from hands, arms, or weapons.

The only cartridge choice is whether to use hollow point or round nose. I prefer round nose to get penetration.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Gibster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Boone County
    Taurus makes their PT22 which has the tip-up barrel like the Baretta. The grip is big enough to land your pinky too.

There are segmented rounds in 22 LR available from Winchester and CCI that I know of, maybe more from other manufacturers.

If 22 WMR is the final choice, Winchester has a new PDX1 Defender hollow point 45 grain round in 22 WMR that generates 1200 fps from a 2" barrel.

The 380 would be the better PD round. The Bersa is heavy enough to possibly make her comfortable with the recoil if she can get past the report/concussion.

I also have an SR22 that really like too.

Good luck

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom