• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've found the biggest factors for me for concealment are (1) grip length, (2) width and (3) weight, probably in that order. And for me, it also depends on what I'm wearing and what I'll be doing as to whether not something is going to be "best" for concealed carry.

The two 9 mm's I carry are either the Walther PPS, very slim, short grip, carrying 7+1, or a G19. I have an easier time comfortably conceal carrying the Walther PPS in dress clothes. If I'm in jeans with a heavy gun belt, I go with the G19 as a 9mm carry gun. There's a significant difference in size, weight and capacity between these two guns. There's times when I will trade off capacity for size.

However, if I had to choose between the G26 and G19, I'd probably go with the G19. I don't own a G26, but I've checked them out, and I don't believe I gain much in concealability over the G19.

I agree with you, width is important for a concealed carry gun and the G26 and G19 have the same dimensions in that matter.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Have you considered a sig p239. My brother has one and it conceals very easily under light clothing and shoots better than most full size guns.

IMG_0948.jpg

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    G26. Excellent shooter... very accurate. Designed to be operated without mag extensions. You'll find the pinky finger almost unnecessary. :twocents:

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Glock, Glock, Glock, can any one say something else besides a Glock?? Kel Tec would be a great (small) 9......Kel Tec P11 for me 11 shot, smaller than the ....k! Great firearm, I've carried it on an ankle rig for years. Shoots everything you put in it and the best customer service. New $239, comes with just one mag. Only draw back, hard, long trigger pull. G%^*k would be my third choice. Kahr, second choice............that's my $0.02 worth!!!!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glock, Glock, Glock, can any one say something else besides a Glock?? Kel Tec would be a great (small) 9......Kel Tec P11 for me 11 shot, smaller than the ....k! Great firearm, I've carried it on an ankle rig for years. Shoots everything you put in it and the best customer service. New $239, comes with just one mag. Only draw back, hard, long trigger pull. G%^*k would be my third choice. Kahr, second choice............that's my $0.02 worth!!!!!!

I know about the P11, its a great gun ... I just sold mine.I had to. :(
    I still have a couple of magazines for it so I may buy another one when I get the money.
    But I like the G***k 19 because I can use it as a range gun too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For CC, I'd pick the 26 (I have a 27), and get a Crossbreed Super Tuk or similar holster. The 27 can be a bit abusive to shoot for long periods of time, but I can't imagine the 26 would be.

Of course, you could buy a 27 or one of the other Glock .40's and drop in a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm at the range, but carry the .40. Great multi caliber solution for those that are on a tighter budget.

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I have a G26, sig 239 and a Kahr pm9. The PM9 gets carried the most because of the lighter weight and smaller size. I shoot well with all three at the range. They each have pros and cons for carry and range use. I would not trade any of them. If I somehow lost them I probably would replace the Glock first.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    Gosh... you could get hung for mentioning anything but a Glock. LOL...

I carry a Kahr CW9 9mm. I love it. It is light and easy to conceal. It is inexpensive and well made. I have small hands and it fits GREAT. Recoil is a bit rough but a good trade for the weight. Shoots straight and I have never had a problem with it.

Good luck ... it is more about what works for you. The rest of us will support your choice.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Glock 19 + Crossbreed supertuck w/ combat cut. (I NEED A NEW LEATHER BELT, this pic was just for the sake of taking pictures.)

I weigh 135 with rocks in my pockets, im probably 5-9 give or take. If I can hide that, anyone can.

Photo185.jpg

Photo188.jpg

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Here is a choice, something other than a Glock

Well, Glock's are good, but if you want a good CC 9mm I would recommend this.

CZ 75 compact P-01 9mm.
    Just in case you were wondering how good a gun this is, take a look at the testing it takes to get a NATO stock number.

picture.php

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ^

I dont doubt that thats a great gun. Im sure the testing was rigorous. But... just because it says NATO doesnt mean it should be blindly trusted. I hope you understand what im saying. Im not nocking the gun, it looks very pretty. I wouldnt mind having one actually. Im also not saying "glock or nothing bla bla bla" because I like ALL (well, most) guns. I just wouldn't bet my life on what an intergovernmental military alliance tells me is good... I like testing for myself as well as reviews from others backed by long term use and experience.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I like the CZ75 but its one heavy gun to carry.
    Weight is also very important for me.That's like I like the Glock 19.
    I already carry lots of things made of metal (flashlightS, kniveS and more) so the more weight I can save on the gun itself the better it is IMO.
    The Kel-Tec PF9 is a great little carry gun, I tried it but I find it too small.
    Im looking for a gun with a full-size grip.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I like the CZ75 but its one heavy gun to carry.
    Weight is also very important for me.That's like I like the Glock 19.
    I already carry lots of things made of metal (flashlightS, kniveS and more) so the more weight I can save on the gun itself the better it is IMO.
    The Kel-Tec PF9 is a great little carry gun, I tried it but I find it too small.
    Im looking for a gun with a full-size grip.

Thats why I got my 3rd gen 19. Its the perfect size IMHO, ammo is cheap and easily available, 9mm has been proven through years of testing as well as use in private/federal/public hands, the gun has been highly recommended by anyone with plenty of handgun experience, and I just freakin like the thing.

If youre looking for a CC gun with a full size grip I seriously doubt you could find anything better than a glock or a sig. Do you have any ranges you can rent from or buddies that have stuff for you to try out?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thats why I got my 3rd gen 19. Its the perfect size IMHO, ammo is cheap and easily available, 9mm has been proven through years of testing as well as use in private/federal/public hands, the gun has been highly recommended by anyone with plenty of handgun experience, and I just freakin like the thing.

If youre looking for a CC gun with a full size grip I seriously doubt you could find anything better than a glock or a sig. Do you have any ranges you can rent from or buddies that have stuff for you to try out?

I know the more I look to find the perfect gun for my needs it always comes back to the G19.
    The size, weight, dimensions are great.
    I also like the trigger, I already tried a G17 some years ago and loved the trigger.
    It way better than some of the guns I tried like the Kel-Tec P11.
    No there is no way I can try any gun for now.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    ^

I dont doubt that thats a great gun. Im sure the testing was rigorous. But... just because it says NATO doesnt mean it should be blindly trusted. I hope you understand what im saying. Im not nocking the gun, it looks very pretty. I wouldnt mind having one actually. Im also not saying "glock or nothing bla bla bla" because I like ALL (well, most) guns. I just wouldn't bet my life on what an intergovernmental military alliance tells me is good... I like testing for myself as well as reviews from others backed by long term use and experience.

I agree with this. But I'll also say that the CZ-75 series of pistols is good to go.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I know the more I look to find the perfect gun for my needs it always comes back to the G19.
    The size, weight, dimensions are great.
    I also like the trigger, I already tried a G17 some years ago and loved the trigger.
    It way better than some of the guns I tried like the Kel-Tec P11.
    No there is no way I can try any gun for now.

I picked the 19 because it seemed to be the best size for me. The 17 was too big, the 26 was too small. Like someone said above (i forget who and im not backing out of this window to look, sorry) most glocks are the exact same width (correct me if im wrong, I think the .45 is slightly bigger). Choosing a different sized barrel or grip wont change too much as far as concealment goes, it has some effect, but overall its personal preference.

I looked around for a long time before I bought mine. Also please take what im saying with a grain of salt. I own a 12 ga mossberg 500, a glock 19, and a wasr 10 ak. My dad has a decent collection of guns, but only one revolver handgun. My experience is limited, but I tried my best to research and get my hands on as many handguns as I could. Like you said, I keep coming back to the 19.

Honestly man I dont think you can go wrong with it. If you decide you want a smaller or larger one... well, no one is going to look down on you for owning more than one gun!!!! haha
    :twocents:

Good luck buddy.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I agree with this. But I'll also say that the CZ-75 series of pistols is good to go.

Like I said, no disrespect. I have absolutely 0 experience with that gun, so my words about said gun mean jack squat. I was simply stating my opinion on the NATO seal of approval.

Top Bottom