• JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    1911-22 LR

I noticed the Colt was made by Walther and the SIG was made by GSG. I assume they are two different manufactures in Germany. Which one would be the better handgun? Which one would be the most desirable if you decided to sell it?

I did see that SIG offers three different packages differed by the color and grips.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Another +1 for the GSG 1911. Did you shoot mine at the Meet & Shoots last year? I know Jedi was always stealing it from me.:):

You're welcome to shoot it at the March M&S. If I can't make it I could always send it along with somebody.

Family018.jpg

Hey magic man can I borrow your GSG 1911 for the MEET & SHOOT in March? Hey NapalmFTW I'll sell us a lightly used GSG 1911 if you want it.
    Good deal for only $150. :D

You have to try it NapalmFTW the GSG is a sweet gun & thus why I'm always stealing it from magic man at the shoots.

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    Go with the GSG. I've had mine nearly a year now and have about 1000 rds of Blazer through it without a problem. Easy to maintain. Compare the GSG to the Chiappa and you will see what I mean. Not even close. Good luck Best regards

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    The GSG is the one I want to get so I have a pistol suppressor host. They are easy to use with that purpose. They already have a threaded barrel, you just have to get an adapter.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Well it's typical........all the cool stuff recently released to market are flying off the shefl's as fast as they come in the door. I've never seen so many guns on allocations due to shortage. The stores have none to sell and can't get any. Kimbers are running about 15 months in rear.

I saw the new S&W M&P model in 22 long rifle today. The tags said 410.00. Looks like a plastic lowers with metal slide. I'm not use its a true 1911. Nice but felt fat in the hand. It had a rail too. I think I'd rather have the 1911.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    last couple days I was saying no one had any guns to sell and today I went to the Tri-State show at Stout Field and found a dealer in Zionsville who has 10 of the SIG Sauer 1911-22LR's. He said they just showed up before the show and they have been flying off the shelf. However, not before I got mine. I got the OD color with the US grips. I'm a very happy camper. I did see one Colt 1911-22LR and it was tempting nit the price was 469.99....... I've seen them at other places for 399.00.

nitforfun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I got the RIA XT22 and I really love it ..... it shoot 100% reliable with CCI mini mags. I too wanted a cheap 1911 .22 but after doing research i opted for the RIA and I'm glad i did. Dont get me wrong I'm sure the other are fine pistols but me personally i had to hold out for the one I really wanted ...please centefire systems was the only one that had it stock in my area ..... Again its a great gun

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Mine Works

If cheapest would be the most important thing, try a Chiappa. Now, this is
    not a great pistol, but mine works. I am at several thousand rounds now,
    and it is reasonably accurate, and trouble free.
    A GSG is a much better pistol of course, but I have seen Chiappa's on line
    for $199 and in the stores for $219.
    Also called Puma's - same gun.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I'm a true beliver in Ruger and vouch for their performance and value. I own several. I also have the SIG 1911-22A, COLT/Walther 1911-22, Browning 1911-22 and just recently got a SW M&P 22LR. I also have a few 22 caliber revolvers (both DA & SA). I like all of them. But, I was impressed with my first experience with the SW / Walther M&P 22LR polymer frame product. I went through 4 magazines with some Walmart bulk ammo and never had a hint of trouble and it feels great to shoot. I was shooting out the door of my mother-in law's house and left brass all over the kitchen floor. The trouble is......I'm old and fat and had trouble bending over to pick-up the brass. Little noisey too. I think its a few points better than the SIG Mosquito (I have one of those too).

Top Bottom