• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Ok the only better than Beam bourbon I have had is Buffalo Trace.

Bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve tonight, to mellow out homebrew IPA's I will be drinking.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Will I get laughed out of this thread if I talk about the beauty and perfection of Maker's Mark...?

Maker's, Maker's 46, Maker's Cask Strength are all up there in my eyes Bills. Your brother gave me a bottle of Beam single barrel. He has one as well and we agreed to open it in 2030 (both of our's 20 year anniversary year). Will be interesting to see what it is like.

Gentlemen Jack isn't too shabby either. I keep it simple.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Recently finished a bottle of buffalo trace and woodford reserve, both were pretty good bourbons. Working on a some elijah craig 12 now and I have to say it is definitely the best of the 3.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I would agree with that. Elijah Craig 12 is one of my favorites at this time. Didn't like the Buffalo Trace fwiw.

I added some water to the Wild Turkey 101 and am enjoying it more but it is not a favorite.

Right now I like the Elijah Crag and Russels Reserve.

Recently finished a bottle of buffalo trace and woodford reserve, both were pretty good bourbons. Working on a some elijah craig 12 now and I have to say it is definitely the best of the 3.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

My tastes are a bit different. Of the 3, I'd say I'd pick the Elijah Craig 12 as a very easy to drink, but unfortunately very simple bourbon. Nothing bad, but its just not an interesting bourbon to sip on. The Buffalo Trace is different than the EC12, but no better, no worse. Both can be sipped neat, but neither offers much to challenge you or to interest you. Both make a decent mixed drink.

Then there is the Woodford Reserve, try as I might, I just do not like this one. I'm probably in the minority as its very popular.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Anyone tried these below. Saw them at Kroger today

Zm1t8VI.jpg

5kQYhX2.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had some Basil Hayden at Harry Caray's restaurant up in Chicago on Friday evening. It was good, not great. Didn't seem to stand out in any way. It was certainly NOT harsh, NOR was it hot. It was easy to drink. Can't say anything bad about it, but at $10+ more than Makers Mark I'm not sure that it justifies the added cost.

As for the TOWN BRANCH, search this thread, I am pretty sure I did a review of that one a few months back.

Top Bottom