• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I recently destroyed my light that I've carried for a few years now and I'm looking for an interim replacement until maybe next summer. Don't want to spend a lot. I'm budgeting this to 30-50 dollars. Or maybe a little more, but just looking for suggestions. Doesn't need to have strobe but variable lumens is a plus.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For pure utility I was going to suggest a Streamlight Microstream or the Stylus Pro that natetheace linked. But it is somewhat older tech and there have been a bunch of companies pop up that produce some pretty cool stuff in your price range.

theledwarehouse would be a good person to make a few suggestions.

How big/small of a light are you wanting?
    What type of switch do you prefer?
    Do you care what type of batteries it takes?

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    For pure utility I was going to suggest a Streamlight Microstream or the Stylus Pro that natetheace linked. But it is somewhat older tech and there have been a bunch of companies pop up that produce some pretty cool stuff in your price range.

theledwarehouse would be a good person to make a few suggestions.

How big/small of a light are you wanting?
    What type of switch do you prefer?
    Do you care what type of batteries it takes?

I prefer around the same size as the ProTac 1L or so.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    How about something that doesn't have the controls on the back? I need something that I can control like an old school maglight. Smaller and brighter would be nice, but would prefer the clicky button over the twist.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I recently destroyed my light that I've carried for a few years now and I'm looking for an interim replacement until maybe next summer. Don't want to spend a lot. I'm budgeting this to 30-50 dollars. Or maybe a little more, but just looking for suggestions. Doesn't need to have strobe but variable lumens is a plus.

$63, REAL lifetime warranty
    Surefire G2X 320 Lumen Pro Dual Output Flashlight

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Go to Flashlight Outlet in Valparaiso on U.S. 30 down the street from the Harley store. That guy has a ton of stuff to check out, and prices aren't half bad considering the instant satisfaction, try before you buy, blah blah.. Just picked up a Nitecore MH1A for about $65, and a Streamlight Microstream for 18. Great store!

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Go to Flashlight Outlet in Valparaiso on U.S. 30 down the street from the Harley store. That guy has a ton of stuff to check out, and prices aren't half bad considering the instant satisfaction, try before you buy, blah blah.. Just picked up a Nitecore MH1A for about $65, and a Streamlight Microstream for 18. Great store!

Thanks and:welcome:to:ingo:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Check out my review a few days ago in this forum for the International Outdoor T12.

You can choose your own brightness settings with or without strobe and you have a choice of LEDs.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have been very happy with my ZebraLight SC52W.

Opps, sorry. Well over $50. Got mine as gift. Didn't know my mom liked me that much.;)

I bought my dad and both brothers one of these last Christmas...

StreamLight PT-2L

They have all been happy with them. My dad is a OTR trucker and hauls milk. He is alway out in the dark, and always carried a big-ole MagLight. He was amazed at how such a small, handy light could be so bright.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom