• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    theoretically, what the best block model u can purchase. take everything into acct. caliber, number of rounds it holds, etc. dnt worry about bout CC/OC. so what is it glock nuts?????

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Every Glock is a GREAT Glock. Millions of LEO and military across the world can't all be wrong.

So your saying millions of people who rely on a government who takes the lowest bid are choosing the best weapon.... LMAO.... Just LMAO

there is a reason why they have glocks, the better 1911's or XD's were to expensive

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "Best" for what? They all serve different purposes otherwise there wouldn't be so many different models.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    The Glock 19 is the most useful one. They are reliable, accurate, and can be carried well concealed or in the open.

Ryan

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I feel like the Glock is a fine firearm, but so is the 1911, they are too different to compare. They are both very reliable and both larger guns, other than that they have minimal in common.

But as for the actual question, I would have to say the Glock 20sf is the best Glock that one can buy. Sure the 10mm is an expensive round, but it is also one of the most versatile. A weak load hits like a .40 while some hotter DoubleTap loads will put out 700-800 ft/lbs of energy, making it a gun that can be used for almost any circumstance. The magazines on the standard model 20sf hold 15 rounds, which is still a rather substantial amount. And although it can get expensive to shoot 10mm, several companies make caliber exchange barrels that will let you shoot .40 S&W out of the 20sf using stock mags. There are also barrels that let you shoot .357 sig or 9mm Dillon out of it if you are interested, though it would not save much money on ammo cost. To top it off, the reason I say the 20SF model is because the SF frame makes it much more comfortable to grip than the standard bulky 20 (for most people at least). So, I would say the 20sf all the way.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    So your saying millions of people who rely on a government who takes the lowest bid are choosing the best weapon.... LMAO.... Just LMAO

there is a reason why they have glocks, the better 1911's or XD's were to expensive

i think glocks were around before the xd was a wet dream in spingfield's eyes:stickpoke:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    theoretically, what the best block model u can purchase. take everything into acct. caliber, number of rounds it holds, etc. dnt worry about bout CC/OC. so what is it glock nuts?????

You say to take everything into account, but not to worry about how you are going to carry it, etc. There are sub compacts for a reason, there are compacts and full sizes for other reasons. As others have stated they each have a purpose, and different calibers may be a compromise to achieve that purpose.

I'm not sure one can just state what the best model is, without considering those things.

All that said, I'd say a Glock 23 with an AA 22 LR kit; and 9mm and 357 Sig conversion barrels/mags, etc. But the main reason is that it is the complete middle of the road compromise with the most flexibility, etc. If I was walking in the woods in bear country my answer would have been different.

Last edited:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    The one that you shoot the best.

What he said! :rolleyes:

I have owned seven over the years. Two G17's, two G22's, a G24, and a G21SF and G30SF that I still own. Loved every one of my Glocks. My favorite is my G30SF. My next Glock will be either a G34 or G35 for competitions.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I think his intent was to ask what the most versatile, all around multipurpose Glock was. Not what guns are better and why.

I'd advise the Glock 19. 9mm is sufficient (for 3 out of 4 opinions), the mid size allows a decent sight radius, easy to coceal, easy to carry, still big enough for a range gun with nice magazine capacity and the ability to accept g17 or g18 33 rnd mags.

Top Bottom