• ...and so much more!
  • ryand111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lake County, IN
    Troy iron sights anyone??

I just got my first ar and I need sights. I'm looking for troy flip up sights. I've been going to stores, but know one has them in. If anyone knows where I can get some plzzzz let me know.

Thanks guys

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    Troy and Yankee Hill Machine are two of the best iron sights on the market. The prices reflect their quality though. But I am willing to pay for good sights. Because you get good sights. They are of top quality materials and very durable. You cannot go wrong with either one. I recently just purchased from Yankee Hill, but i believe that both companies have great reputations and great products. And their reviews coincide with what i believe.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    YHM or Troy if you are running them as primary sights. If you want backups to a quality optic, magpul are great. Don't know a lot about Midwest, but they have a good reputation. If you see Noveske brand flip-ups, they are also great. Troy manufactures them for Noveske.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a Troy M4 front with a GG&G rear, both folding. The Troys are solid, but I know it's anal, but they "smoothness" when you flip them up, isn't very smooth. Anal, I know, but I do like the fit and finish.

That's another brand I didn't hear too much of in this thread, GG&G sights are solid

Im thinking about getting a troy sight. What do guys like better, the diamond sights or the circle for the rear? I also dont know if I should get the HK or the M4 for the front sight.

As for this question, I think it just depends what your eye likes best. I liked the concept of the diamond, but found in person it wasn't for me. Same with the HK style front, I really liked the idea, but in practice (had this set up on my AR-10), I couldn't center it real well because I kept focusing on the outside (arms) instead of the front post.

So, standard diopter in the rear, M4 post, this is what I can focus and center best, but everyone is different.

sicegcivic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    I have a set of knights armament sights that I love, they are pricey though! Troys would be my second favorite as far as flip up buis go. I like the Daniel Defense fixed buis as well. Depends on preference and purpose of the gun.

The reasons I like the Knights over the Troys are:
    Lower profile when flipped down
    Don't lock in place where you have to push a button to manipulate... The knights sights lock in place using a detent, but if I was to bump them they will flip down as opposed to breaking. Also they only require one hand and very little thought process to manipulate up/down. Vs having to push the button on the troys to bring them in/out of action.

That all being said, I still thoroughly enjoy my Troy sights and still rate them as one of my favorites! Also that goes to show that taking our word vs trying a few and finding out what works for you would be silly! Try as many different styles as you can, and consider your primary use for them/budget... Go from there

ryand111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lake County, IN
    Thanks you guys... I think I'm going to go with the troy flip up circle sight for the rear, and the troy m4 flip up sight for the front.... my only problem now is finding where to get them:( I need sights soon.. My ar is just wanting to get shot

Top Bottom