• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I decided to order some of the PSA mags that are supposed to be clones of the Circle 10 mag to try out. I have been buying different ones off and on and just wanted to see if there was any consensus amongst the currently made and available mags, hey these are really good.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have an Arsenal SLR 107FR, it can be picky on mags. I currently own Bulgy circle 10 waffle mags, Romanian steel mags and some of the metal tab Magpul mags.
    Those all seem to run well in it.
    I have been thinking of upping my mag game for the AK as well.
    All good info to know.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had some flat backed AK mags and could kick myself for ever getting rid of them. Now they're a unicorn to find. I've had nothing but bad luck with bulgarian and croatian mags especially the newer ones.

If I were to buy mags to stock up on right now, I'd lay my money down on Magpul M3's. They aren't perfect or as robust, but they're readily available and are meant to fit most AK's.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Ordered some of the Bulgy steel mags. Since I have sold off several AKs I think this weekend I am going to drag out the tupperware bin and test fit every mag in my remaining rifles. So anyone peeping in my living room window and watching me cycle mag after mag while watching Red Dawn, don't worry.
    Don't forget to stand on your roof, thrust your rifle in the air, and shout "Wolverines!!" with each mag to make sure that they are being retained properly

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    If money isn't an option and you don't already have some - Russian bakelite.

If you want authenticity and damn near literal bulletproof reliability - surplus combloc steel.

If you want authenticity and damn near literal bulletproof reliability, but really care about weight - ((10)) Bulgarian.

If you want to stack steel deep while able to buy relatively cheap - new production commercial Bulgarian.

If you want to stack polymer deep while able to buy relatively cheap - PMAG.

And grab a few Romanian rear-loading drums while you're at it.

ETA - @Expat I missed your update further up the page here. When you get them I'm sure I speak for at least a few of us that a write-up would be much appreciated! I'm interested to hear how these things look and feel, how they lock up in a few different guns, how they hold up to some pretty typical abuse, and if they're worthy of sharing the shelf with my ((10))s and other milsurp mags or should be relegated to range mag duty.

If you're able to offer some high praise I might order a few myself to test out. Thanks.

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I swear i don't remember buying it but I have one of those in the bin. It's sitting next to two Factory /26\ drums I got for cheap from a guy cause he thought they were messed up - they wouldn't lock into his SKS. :lmfao:

I couldn't figure out if I should use the "laugh" or "love" emoji, but I definitely love that you snagged such a great deal from that bumpkin!

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Years ago, Sportsman's Warehouse had a deal on Balkan wars battlefield pickups. They said some had minor rust, and sold them for something like $29.99 a dozen. I bought 3 dozen. None were rusty at all, and I just dumped them all in a tub with WD-40. Ended up with mags from about 5 different nations. One of the better deals I ever ran across.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a Korean drum mag. I've used it exactly once. Probably won't use it again. Major PITA to load! I don't know if the Romanians are any easier or not. I wish they made one that was designed like the 1911 drum mag I bought recently. It's just a silly range toy, but they got the loading process right.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've got a few of these and they work, but I had to do a lot of filing on the tabs to get them to lock into place in my Maadi.
    I ordered 10 creation mags before doing my research while waiting on my 1st AK47 to arrive. Sure enough they will all require a fair amount of work on the tabs. Enough that I will probably go to the bench grinder, mill or belt sander rather than starting with a file.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ordered 10 creation mags before doing my research while waiting on my 1st AK47 to arrive. Sure enough they will all require a fair amount of work on the tabs. Enough that I will probably go to the bench grinder, mill or belt sander rather than starting with a file.
    That's actually what I used (bench grinder).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Garland pose in yoga, smart move.

Do this, but with an AK. I use a 47 and 74 for balance, AND people move their mats away from me to maintain social distance.

View attachment 132620
    I don't know if it's just an unfortunate trick of photo exposure, but it appears that she is badly in need of a shave. She has man legs and feet. Wait, that's not YOU in the photo is it Kirk? Apologies if so. :):

Top Bottom