• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you're wanting a accurate, polymer frame, striker fired gun from Austria but doesn't have a "G" in the name and you're a bit different then the norm maybe you should try a Steyr. It's about as close to a G19 without being a Glock as you can get.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I agree my Canik is a real sleeper! I wish more companies made holsters for them though.

Believe it or not there are several holster companies doing Canik's on ebay. I got a kydex "Raven" style holster for under $50, and a quick clip kydex for a bit more.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Your going to get a bunch of different opinions, but nothing feels or shoots as well for me as the S&W MP9 full size.

I second this but also consider the Sig Sauer P226. Of course the SEALs are replacing it with the Glock 19 as we speak.

JGalt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Boone County
    Purely my experience:

Springfield XD - Great ergonomics, and the most accurate 9mm I've owned, particularly with cheap Blazer 9mm.
    Steyr M9 - Liked it a LOT, other than having the base of the thumb wacked with each shot from recoil. If not for that, I'd still have it.

Neither was ammo sensitive. No malfunctions of any sort with anything shot.

For mid to full size double action 9mms, those would be my choice.

FWIW,

JGalt

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    I recently picked up a P229 9mm Extreme, I'd say that so far it's the best shooting pistol I've owned so far. Love SIG's SRT trigger! If you're looking for a plastic pistol the P320 is pretty good too

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I didn't read the whole thread, but you should probably Czech out some CZs.
    who does? :laugh:

Folks, if you are gonna be at the shoot this weekend, bring your 9mm's for me to try and I will have ammo. I will also have the two I already own though it doesn't have to stay this way, a Ruger 9E and a Sig P320.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Nope, it's still the Canik TP9 series ;)

The TP9 beats pistols 2 or even 3 hundred dollars more expensive. It's so underrated. I still haven't seen a better striker pistol than the PPQ, but the next plastic gun I buy will probably be a Canik.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The TP9 beats pistols 2 or even 3 hundred dollars more expensive. It's so underrated. I still haven't seen a better striker pistol than the PPQ, but the next plastic gun I buy will probably be a Canik.

In my opinion, the best value in a new plastic framed pistol is the Walther PPX when they're on sale for $249 at Rural King. They're hammer fired, but the trigger is truly good and it's just easy to hit what you want to hit with your bullets. Of course, they look like Hi Points, but they work well.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In my opinion, the best value in a new plastic framed pistol is the Walther PPX when they're on sale for $249 at Rural King. They're hammer fired, but the trigger is truly good and it's just easy to hit what you want to hit with your bullets. Of course, they look like Hi Points, but they work well.
    Not bad.

I paid $250 for my barely used TP9sa. Since they have come out with the SF model you can find the old SA models for close to $300 with 2 mags, holster, speed loader, cleaning rods, backstraps, etc.

So, I will amend my previous post..

The TP9sa is the best value in a striker fired polymer pistol :D

Top Bottom