• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    In shooting the other day my colt magazine broke on me, I have since fixed it, but it got me thinkin, I need som new magazines for a gov 1911, what's my best bet?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think Wilson Combat 47D's are a no-brainer, but the Chip McCormick PowerMAGS work well for me too. All of my 1911 mags are either one or the other, except a couple GI style mags I picked up cheap for range testing - and frankly they have worked fine, but I'll stick with the Wilsons for carry use.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    You question was answered in the first two posts, and I agree

McCormick and Wilson have worked best for me.

I have heard good things about Tripp, but I haven't tried them yet.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'll be getting a couple of Chip McCormick mags soon for my Para. See how they perform, maybe get a few more if they work well. The Para mags are ok, but definitely not the best.

Kimber mags are halfway decent, it seems. Haven't had any problems with the one I have.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm assuming you have a 45 cal 1911. If that is a good assumption, I picked up a pro-mag 8 shot for about 60-70% the cost of other brands. Don't have a colt but it works fine in a S&W, Les Baer, & Springfield, made in USA, and seems to be well made. I will stick with buying these unless I find a reason not to.

On a 9mm 1911 I went though $'s and frustration until I tried the Tripp Cobra mags. Wilsons were great otherwise but I could not get them to load at full magazine capacity + 1 and a friend with a different brand gun had the same issue. Might just be a 10 round mag 9mm thing though.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Wilson Combat 47D's.

They have never failed me in the following semi-autos:
    Colt
    Para Ord.
    Springfield
    Kimber
    Dan Wesson
    Smith&Wesson
    Sig

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Ok, I will be different. I got a really good deal on the Kimber 8 round mags. I have yet to have a single issue with them, and I have kept them loaded for almost two years, and unload them for practice every week or two.

I have also picked up some cheap ($5 each) mags at gunshows too, and they have het to give me any reason to doubt them either. I have no issues using them for target practice.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I haven't sprung for Wilson's yet, they are always out of stock when I get the urge to look. I have no problems with Chip M mags, the Kimber Pro mag I have, or the factory Colt/Springfield mags. I do like the power mags. :yesway:

Top Bottom