• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    For a defense gun I run either CMT, LMT or BCM. All three make a quality, dependable BCG that is properly staked and inspected.

I have used PSA and Spikes in other builds that we fun guns and suppressor hosts.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    How's the staking on the new AIM BCG's? I've seen some fugly staking out of them in the past. Have they improved their process?

I have two of the v2 bcg's and looks like they're done by machine. Staking looks good and is identical on the nitride version I have. They're also gasket sealed and I think they use an equivalent of red loctite.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Awesome. Looks like they've got their issues resolved. I'm looking around for a BCG for a new build. May have to give AIM a shot. Their CS seems pretty hard to beat and I know Bryan stands behind his product and is a good dude.

I have two of the v2 bcg's and looks like they're done by machine. Staking looks good and is identical on the nitride version I have. They're also gasket sealed and I think they use an equivalent of red loctite.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    Palmetto has their phosphate bcg for $69 right now. That's what I've been using and thinking of picking up an extra for the safe for that price.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Those are their premium BCG's. They're full mil-spec and made by Toolcraft, who is a DOD contractor. If you're thinking about it, do it. They're well worth it at double that price. Mine runs like a champ.

Thats cheap! Had any issues with it? Any reason not to get it?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I run fail zero's or WMD's in mine. Cheap and quality doesn't really go together. BCG and barrel is where you want to spend your money when it comes to an AR build

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Never forget that after Sandy Hook you could not find a BCG anywhere well into the next summer. Always good practice to have an extra in the safe.

:ingo:

Top Bottom