Best place to buy bullets and powder LOCALLY?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Wheres the best place to buy bullets and reloading stuff LOCALLY? I searched and cant find anything on my side of town, northeast side of Indianapolis. Thanks!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Wheres the best place to buy bullets and reloading stuff LOCALLY? I searched and cant find anything on my side of town, northeast side of Indianapolis. Thanks!

ProFire GREAT on Bullets-GOOD on Powder+Primers.

Indiana Gun Club GREAT on Powder+Primers-NO bullets, that I know of..Bill.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Indiana gun Club at Geist had no powder last few times I've been in there.
    People say they get powder there, but i never do.
    Maybe i need to hold my nose up higher in the air...:rolleyes:

their powder is stored at a separate shed, so I always call ahead of time with a list of powders I'm looking for. those folks are nice and happy to check for me. and I have always had good luck finding what I need there and cheaper.

I bought an 8lb jug of H335 from them couple weeks ago for my 223 AR loads, it was a good $30+ cheaper than the vendors at 1500.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    their powder is stored at a separate shed, so I always call ahead of time with a list of powders I'm looking for. those folks are nice and happy to check for me. and I have always had good luck finding what I need there and cheaper.

I bought an 8lb jug of H335 from them couple weeks ago for my 223 AR loads, it was a good $30+ cheaper than the vendors at 1500.

I have only been there once, but it was enough to know that they are friendly, and more than happy to help you if they can. They do cater to a wealthier clientele than the average gun store, but I am sure that I do not fit into that description, and they were more than happy to chat, and help me with anything that I had questions on.

Andrew at Profire is also super friendly, and more than happy to help anyone from a seasoned reloader find supplies to a first timer that doesn't even have his first set of dies yet.

Powder supplies are low(or non-existent) everywhere, it isnt surprising to hear that even Indy Gun Club is out of stock right now. I did see quite a few vendors with powder at the last 1500, many more so than the last one I attended. I am sure that shelves will not be filled overnight, but I imagine that it is a sign that powder and primer supplies will slowly be restored to pre-panic levels before too much longer. I think that the days of running to town to pick up a pound of whatever powder you are looking for any given day of the week is probably a thing of the past.

Top Bottom