• OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    M&P.

If you just want to shoot 9mm though, you can get a conversion barrel for your 23 and then just buy mags. :dunno:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I guess the question is since you asked, "besides Glock"? what are you looking for exactly? Do you want something similar to your 23, but not a Glock or do you want something a little different? Compact or full size? Single stack or double?

The first thing I'd do is narrow it down to striker fired or a hammer fired DA/SA type gun. I've shot many of the guns mentioned here, and most of them are quite nice, but it depends on what you're looking for. The "best value" is going to depend a lot on whether the gun meets your specific needs and wants.

Striker fired poly:
    M&P (great ergonomics, reasonable price)
    XDm (should not be overlooked for the money, interesting safety features)
    FNP (I really like the ergonomics of this one too)
    Caracal (dare to be different)
    SR9 (solid, but they price has been going up)
    Kahr (single stack and super lightweight)
    PPQ (people love them)

DA/SA poly:
    SP2022 (sweet value for a Sig)
    CZ P-07 (awesome trigger for the money, but wider slide than most in this size range)
    Beretta Storm (sweet shooter that is a good value, often overlooked)
    CZ SP-01 Phantom (full size, no-nonsense, awesome shooter)
    FNX (low felt recoil, easy to track with)

Personally, I'm a big fan of the M&P because the ergonomics work very well for me. But there's a lot of great competition out there.

Last edited:

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have an XDm 9 that I'm pretty happy with. I can't really say how it stacks up against a Glock but it feels better in my hand. I've seen reviews where they put it head to head with the Glock 17 and it seems like they're pretty neck and neck in performance and reliability.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I always stick with factory sights, guess I don't need aftermarket ones to make me feel good about my shooting.

It is not about "feeling good" I don't operate that way.
    First thing is most manufacturers don't install night sights, what happens when you find yourself in a low light situation?
    When I was younger the factory sights worked better for me than now, I currently like installing sights that are easier for my eyes to pick up.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    First thing is most manufacturers don't install night sights, what happens when you find yourself in a low light situation?

Have you never shot with a flashlight? Different strokes for different folks. Some prefer flashlights over night sights. And factory sights work fine for that :dunno:

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    Glock 19

I looked at several different pistols,narrowed it down to a M&P 9mm and a Glock 19,I liked the feel of the Glock better so I bought another Glock,I think I will be happy if it shoots as good as my Glock 23,can't have to many firearms right.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not adding anything new into the mix here as both weapons I am about to list have already been mentioned.

Sig Sauer SP2022. Have one. Love it. Cant say enough about this gun. Very underrated, possibly more so than any other gun.

Ruger SR9c. My edc, I think that pretty much sums up how I feel about this weapon.

What makes both of these guns even better is they are cheap!

Top Bottom