• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know there are a ton of Shield owners here. I'm currently using an uncle mikes size 12 I believe which is fine but the gun could certainly be better concealed. Thinking I would prefer leather. I've no experience with kydex but am open to suggestions.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I liked stoners the best for a clip style but still was not great. I kept looking andcould not find any I "loved" so I made my own.
    2569q8i.jpg

16jotjs.jpg

hvql20.jpg

Last edited:

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    I ordered one of pjholster.com, its a kydex holster. I got a deep concealment and 30 deg cant. There's some good reviews on youtube for them. It just sucks that there is like a 9-10 week lead time. I'll let you know how it works out when I get it in.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm just using an inexpensive DeSantis SOF Tuck and it works just fine. Clip it at roughly 4 o'clock and forget about it. The Galco Tuck 'n Go seems like it would do the trick as well, though it's more expensive. If you look you can find the SOF Tuck for around $20 - $25.

ShieldinDeSantis_zpsc9d477d1.jpg

Other side

ShieldinDeSantis_zpsc9d477d1.jpg

Last edited:

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I have the Nate Squared (N82) Original that I use regularly for IWB of my Shield. Very comfortable. Conforms well to body. No sharp points. If I needed another IWB, I would go with their Professional series (wasn't available when I first purchased mine). Professional looks to be more reholster friendly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a "Hooch" that I carry a full size M&P in that is comfortable and can be converted to OWB. I also like Kholster products.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

eachitandi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Plymouth
    I use a Versacarry and LOVE it. Reholstering is problematic, and I hope I never have to draw it, but if it comes to that I can always tuck it quickly into my waist band or back pocket.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I carry mine in a Mills tactical kind of like a crossbreed. got it at us defense solutions bout 8 months ago. think they are made in indiana.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I found a thin leather no name holster on eBay for $25 , the fit is very good and I like that the holster is about a half inch longer than the muzzle end and somewhat tappers to a point so there is not a sharp edge against your pants. It also has 2 leather straps that snap to make belt loops, for me the loops are mounted too low......
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Handc...1164015285?pt=US_Holsters&hash=item1e89fc0ab5
    So I found another one also eBay, by braidsholsters, $37 plus shipping this one fits very snug , also has snap loops and they seem to be mounted in a good place.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251417636424?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Good luck

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I've got a Galco King tuck for my 4566. Love it, works great. For my CM9 I have a Shepard IWB holster and I am very happy and pleased with it. Affordable, American made, good quality hardware and offers adjustability.

The N82 Tactical holsters are also great, VERY comfortable... only gripe is it only has one belt clip, not two, and is not adjustable. But comfy anyway.

Last edited:

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Received my phlster access today. Fit and finish is very nice. Good retention. It is designed for appendix carry but I wore it around the house all day today at 4 o'clock. Very comfortable sitting, standing, moving around. Need more time to make sure but first impression is very positive.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I use the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe with the combat cut for mine. While it's arguably the most comfortable rig that I've ever had, equally good options now exist for less money from Galco, White Hat, Hidden Hybrid, Alien Gear, etc. That style of holster is simple to produce and offers comfort, concealment, and easy reholstering.

Top Bottom