Best Small .22 Revolver... does it exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Everyone,

Thanks so much for the details and recommendations. I feel like I understand the reliability issues a lot more now. I will be headed to the gun show tomorrow and will let you guys know if I end up picking something up. Leaning towards the SP101, but the Heritage Firearms are tempting too, since this would just be a "fun" gun. I have a S & W Shield in 9 mm if I need to CC.

If you just want a .22 revolver for fun, with high quality and reliability, I'd look no further than a Ruger Single Six.
    Pay a bit extra and you can get it with the extra .22 Magnum cylinder if you want just a bit more versatility.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you just want a .22 revolver for fun, with high quality and reliability, I'd look no further than a Ruger Single Six.
    Pay a bit extra and you can get it with the extra .22 Magnum cylinder if you want just a bit more versatility.

Oldpink is right but I would also like to give a nod to one of my favorite guns of all time (since I was 12 anyway) and that is the Ruger Bearcat...I have got three of them and one of the new ones is always with me on wood walks.....I love my Smith model 18's but there is something timeless about a Bearcat...One of (many) gifts to the world we can thank Bill Ruger for.....

DSC00089.jpg

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Oldpink is right but I would also like to give a nod to one of my favorite guns of all time (since I was 12 anyway) and that is the Ruger Bearcat...I have got three of them and one of the new ones is always with me on wood walks.....I love my Smith model 18's but there is something timeless about a Bearcat...One of (many) gifts to the world we can thank Bill Ruger for.....

DSC00089.jpg

I've really wanted to pick up a bear cat for my oldest daughter. My reservation has been in holster availability. Only recently did I come across something indicating the basic size corresponds with an older firearm.

Top Bottom