Best Smith and Wesson shield owb holster.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I am just wondering what is the best owb holster to get for my S&W shield 9mm. Right now I just toss it in a leather holster for a sig but I want something made specifically for it that won't pop the mag out because its wrong holster? Just wanting some input.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Thanks. I think I will order one from there as I like to buy from smaller businesses and if he's on ingo that's a bonus and all the better reason to buy from them. Thanks for the input

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have a Henry holster for my Shield.

Love it.

(I also have a Raven or two for bigger brother 9 FS - love them, too)

-J-

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    He works shifts, so be patient. He usually can do it within a week or 2. That is still faster than most. Local is good as well.
    I did just modify mine a bit. I shaved down the full sweat guard, so it did not snag my thumb when re-holstering. That is a preference thing rather than a defect. I also got the raven concealment struts for IWB carry. These are from DIY holsters.

FYI - I have gotten 2 holsters, a mag pouch and a holster from a friend. I have 2 close friends that have gotten stuff from him. One of my holsters he custom made for me to accommodate my non standard light and also made it to work with my G-code RTI gear. It all works.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    +1 for Henry Holsters. He is also on INGO (amhenry), lives in the Bloomington area and makes top notch gear. I have multiple holsters/mag carriers from him, including for the Shield. His newer models of the Shield holsters are awesome. henryholsters.com

Also here's a pic of one of his OWB for the full size M&P. Scale it down for the Shield. https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolst...0.1407895637./780643485282109/?type=3&theater Also this pic is probably a few months old. He recently started vacuum forming the kydex and it looks amazing.

I have a Henry holster for my Shield.

Love it.

(I also have a Raven or two for bigger brother 9 FS - love them, too)

-J-

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    This is an old thread but upon searching I found nothing more current. What is out there now in OWB for a Shield 9mm (not 2.0) with a Laser Max on the trigger. Not to concerned with material. More interested in close body fit. Mainly interested in "through the belt loop" style but single or dual clip could be okay as well.
    Most of what I am finding doesn't accommodate the laser.
    Hmmm... still searching...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom