• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    Hey all, my first reloading press will be getting to the house Monday and I'm sourcing up all my supplies to get started. What is the best route to go about getting powder/primers/bullets. Obviously many places online are out of stock and you have to pay the hazmat fees. Are there any good shops around the Indy area or nearby that sell those types of supplies? Thanks for any suggestions.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    The Indiana Gun Club may be a little closer to you and they sell powder and primers.

Indiana Gun Club :: Indianapolis IN, Guns

They won't have nearly the experience and service you'll get at Profire, and they won't have much of a selection, outside of power and primers. At Profire, you'll also have a lot of bullets and other reloading stuff to choose from.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Gongrats on joing the reloading community. Buy local if you can. Both places are good places to get started. What are you going to load first?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    stopped in indiana gun club today and picked up some titegroup and large pistol primers. Staff is obviously geared more for shotguns, but were very helpful and friendly. Also have some sweet wilson combat and ed brown eye candy. I felt great getting out of there with just my reloading stuff!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Gun shows can be a good place to pick up supplies but be aware what it selling for before going. Whether online or looking at shops.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Noblesville
    Gongrats on joing the reloading community. Buy local if you can. Both places are good places to get started. What are you going to load first?

Starting with 45acp and then hopefully doing some 30-06. Also may expand to 9mm, 223, and who know in the future. I'm gathering up some stuf to cast bullets as well. Go big or go home they say.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    As has been stated, when starting out, buy locally. If you get into loading large volumes like my son and I do, I find I can save quite a bit buying online. Of course we stock pretty high volumes of Primers, powder and bullets - and cast thousands of handgun bullets as well. We normally buy at least 10K primers Plus 10 to 20 lbs of powder on an order, sometimes more dependent on our inventory, usually a $400 to $500 order. This makes the shipping and hazardous cost low per item. By stocking as much as we do we can choose to order when supplies are good and prices normal. At this time we probably have at least a years supply of most items available to reload all the calibers we use. Probably a couple of years before we would run out of any caliber ammo. Another idea is to go in with a few friends to place one order - We only have 1 friend reloading in our area so doesn't help us much.

Top Bottom