• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JohnnyP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    South Bend
    I guess I never really introduced myself even though I have been a member since March of last year.

My name is John E. Pemberton. I am currently a full time student at IU South Bend (Two Semesters Left!), a Staff Instructor/Clerk/Web Designer for Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc and the Owner/Chief Instructor of Pemberton Combatives.

I am originally from Nevada and served a little over 5 years in the United States Marine Corps as a Signals Intelligence Operator and 1st Degree Black Belt Instructor for the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP). While in the Marine Corps I got the opportunity to travel around the world and learn other martial arts styles. While I was stationed in Hawaii I spent a couple of months (on and off) learning various Brazilin Jiu-jitsu techniques and some judo. During my deployment to the Philippines, I spent a good portion of my time learning Modern Arnis (Filipino Stick Fighting) and Army Combatives.

In 2008, I got out of the service and wanted to start developing my own self-defense program. As I researched for simple and effective techniques to teach students, I realized that not everyone has the time, ability or my want to use Combatives for self-defense. So I searched around looking for other alternatives and found the NRA Instructor Programs and started with the Refuse to be a Victim® instructor program. Now I am also certified NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a Victim®, Home Firearm Safety, Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom