• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Is anyone else from Indiana planning on shooting/attending the Bianchi Cup (the grandaddy of all pistol games) this year? I'll be shooting my first Bianchi Cup ever in their new Production Division, which was added for the 2009 match to make Bianchi Cup more accessible to the every day shooter.

During the event itself, I'll providing live coverage of the match, as well as the surrounding side matches, social events, as well as featuring some interviews with competitors that people are actually interested in hearing from (read: not me). In between the picture taking, blogging, and social events, apparently there's also a pistol match to be shot, so hopefully I won't get my ass handed to me too badly.

If you'd like more information on Bianchi Cup, or might be interested in helping defray the costs of shooting the match, send me an email at caleb@gunnutsmedia.com

Either way, come May you're going to get coverage of the match that you won't be able to find anywhere else.

rreinholt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I shot the cup in the late 80's and early 90's. It was always great time. If you ever want to get a 38 super set up for the match let me know. Kids and work have run me out of the game.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ahab,

Is this your first Bianchi, or were you being redundant saying that its the first time you will shoot the new division?

What gun are you shooting? Where do you hope to end in the point ranking?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This will be the biggest year prize wise at the Cup in years. I'd love to go back (shot the 04 and 06 Cups in Metallic Sight).

Take plenty of practice ammo and spend the $$$ to join the practice range. All of the big guns shoot there except for Koenig, Voigt and a few others. Piatt, Holmes, Leatham, Schmidt, Mikulek, Angstadt and others do and always seem willing to help out, give tips and even help zero guns that don't even belong to them. Learn to run the mover and pay it forward so others will run it for you.

Show up plenty early to your assigned events. Take 2x the ammo you need to each event. 6 rounds will be pulled from your pile at each event. Once you check in, you can't leave to go get more ammo (b/c of Enos' 515 plates in the late 80's is the reason why) or anything else.

I really, really enjoyed myself both times that I went. The people are just about as great as you'll meet at any shooting event. The foreign groups are just a riot. Make friends with the Kiwis and the Aussies. They all shoot really, really well and love to talk.

If you have any questions about any of the events, PM, ask them here or email me at slow1911s@gmail.com. I was lucky, lucky, lucky to have plenty of really good coaches (SoundsLikeJosh's uncle, for one) when I started and as I shot.

BTW - Production has been a division since at least 04. It is one of the biggest myths of the game - you don't need a tricked out gun to shoot this game.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    In my experience, the foreign guys are a hoot! The level of talent that they bring is simply amazing. The thing to remember is that some of these guys come from countries where they cannot own handguns. They show up here, borrow guns that they haven't shot in a year, and then kick our butts. If they weren't so nice, you'd hate them for it. They can shoot 1916 of 1920 and actually have you feeling bad for them that they dropped points on the mover.

rreinholt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    The Brits, Auz & NZ used to shoot at our range for 1 to 2 weeks before the cup. Ken Tapp and Mickey Fowler would come and once in a while Bruce P would come through. Hook up with Tony Holmes. I be he will be going. If you don't know him he was up the Lafayette area.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes this is Rankin.

Sorry, I didn't mean to out you like that. I should have known better. We met once at the last match at your dad's place a few years ago. I miss the shooting and the people there.

I remember when you were handing out awards that day and it came to the Mover scores. I think the best number was a a 474 something? You read the number and then announce "you guys can't shoot the Mover for s&it!!!" I thought that was pretty funny.

rreinholt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Not a problem. I have always been a snob about the mover. Before mover dots and mounts, I ruled that event with 2 to 4 points down max. Now the technology has made it easy for all.
    The range was a great place to grow up. Many interesting people came through there. I miss it and so does Dad. He has MS now and the range has been closed for several years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Not a problem. I have always been a snob about the mover. Before mover dots and mounts, I ruled that event with 2 to 4 points down max. Now the technology has made it easy for all.
    The range was a great place to grow up. Many interesting people came through there. I miss it and so does Dad. He has MS now and the range has been closed for several years.

I don't know if this brings you (or he) any comfort, but I pray for your father regularly.

As a kid, I was scared of him the first few times I came to the range. After that, I couldn't wait to come back. It almost seemed like he got more joy out of us young guys shooting than we did. I can only hope that those memories never fade.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not a problem. I have always been a snob about the mover. Before mover dots and mounts, I ruled that event with 2 to 4 points down max.

I've heard that you taught Doug a thing or two about how to shoot the Mover back.

Out of the four, that is my favorite by far (I hate the damn Barricade). I've shot 464's with irons.

rreinholt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I worked with Doug for an afternoon on shooting the mover. That week he won his first cup with a Huning super. That was when the mover dot just came out. He kept forgetting to change the direction on the dot. I pulled out my revolver and standard dot and shot a 480. Some days you get to show off.

Top Bottom