Biden did not get charged in having documents because....he could not remember...anything. Such as asking when did he stop being vice president

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would not trust a constitution convention right now. No way.
    Why? You think that something stupid is going to be passed by 3/4 of the states? All a convention could do is propose an Amendment.

Plus, it would more likely come through Congress like all of the previous Amendments.

Old Road Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2022
    Gowdy
    Even CNN has turned. The question remains, who are the democrats putting in for the election?
    The Obamas have been polling Major Democratic Donors judging interest in a Michelle Candidacy. Theory is Uncle Joe will withdraw his candidacy and release his Delegates sometime around May (before the DNC Convention in Chiraq) opening the door for Michelle. This would insure Barack's 4th (and perhaps 5th) term as POTUS. Another name being floated is Gretchen Witmer, Governor of Michigan. Newsom has too much Woke baggage to be taken seriously.
    Greg Kelly from Newsmax broke down the report masterfully last night and raised the question: will a full transcript of Uncle Joe's 5 hour testimony be released to the public??

Last edited:

JFriar96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2019
    Greenwood
    At the end of the day he isn't being charged and Trump is, that's what counts to the lawyers calling the plays. Feeble Joe or Junior Soprano, it's all in a days work for a dollar.
    I agree completely. But on the flip end of it I believe they’re making 45 bulletproof. What can they do/say at this point to get anyone to turn on him?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why? You think that something stupid is going to be passed by 3/4 of the states? All a convention could do is propose an Amendment.

Plus, it would more likely come through Congress like all of the previous Amendments.

My understanding is that once the convention is convened, they can do whatever they want. Including voting on more than one amendment. I mean, worst case, They could call a "harmless" convention for changing the official bird to be the turkey instead of the bald eagle, but then decide to repeal the 2A while they are at it.

You can push that boulder down the hill to make a splash in the lake, but there is no guarantee it wont veer off course and smash your SUV parked near the lake on the way. So in one way, its a bit of a gamble.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We have a minimum age for POTUS in the Constitution. Can we please get an effing amendment on a maximum as well?

Why?

Plenty of people go to the grave with their brain still in tact. We have the 25th amendment for cases where they aren't.

In the end, the buck stops with us. If we aren't going to be involved in the process and preventing nonsense like this, we can't hope to have a functional country.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My understanding is that once the convention is convened, they can do whatever they want. Including voting on more than one amendment. I mean, worst case, They could call a "harmless" convention for changing the official bird to be the turkey instead of the bald eagle, but then decide to repeal the 2A while they are at it.

You can push that boulder down the hill to make a splash in the lake, but there is no guarantee it wont veer off course and smash your SUV parked near the lake on the way. So in one way, its a bit of a gamble.
    It still has to be ratified the same way. There is no getting around that. So you think that suddenly 3/4 of the States are going to vote to repeal the 2nd Amendment?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why?

Plenty of people go to the grave with their brain still in tact. We have the 25th amendment for cases where they aren't.

In the end, the buck stops with us. If we aren't going to be involved in the process and preventing nonsense like this, we can't hope to have a functional country.

For the same reason there's a minimum age. Basic mental compentency isn't the bar I would hope for in POTUS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It still has to be ratified the same way. There is no getting around that. So you think that suddenly 3/4 of the States are going to vote to repeal the 2nd Amendment?
    You missed the point. Take a breath and read this slowly:
    You can convene the convention for x, but once they are there, they are not REQUIRED to ONLY vote on x and nothing more. They could get a wild hair and decide to ALSO do something else. ANYTHING else.

THEY ARE NOT BOUND/RESTRICTED TO ONLY DO THE STATED BUSINESS THAT YOU SENT THEM THERE TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY CAN GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE ORIGINAL STATED INTENT. Not likely, but possible. Caveat Emptor.

I mean, I could be extra hyperbolic and say they could also decide to repeal the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendments while they are at it if they please. Not likely, but possible legally.

Just be careful what you wish for. You may not get what you expected.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean, I could be extra hyperbolic and say they could also decide to repeal the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendments while they are at it if they please. Not likely, but possible legally.
    They would definitely amend the first if they could to have a list of exclusions to it, namely that one cannot say anything that offends others while they repeal the second. This is not speculative, they say so…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You missed the point. Take a breath and read this slowly:
    You can convene the convention for x, but once they are there, they are not REQUIRED to ONLY vote on x and nothing more. They could get a wild hair and decide to ALSO do something else. ANYTHING else.

THEY ARE NOT BOUND/RESTRICTED TO ONLY DO THE STATED BUSINESS THAT YOU SENT THEM THERE TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY CAN GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE ORIGINAL STATED INTENT. Not likely, but possible. Caveat Emptor.

Just be careful what you wish for. You may not get what you expected.
    I really don't understand the angst. They can propose any of that, but they do not actually pass any Amendments. This is not a case of them getting together to pass an Amendment. They get together to propose Amendments, which then go to the State's to get approved. 3/4 of the State's then have to approve it.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.[3]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I really don't understand the angst. They can propose any of that, but they do not actually pass any Amendments. This is not a case of them getting together to pass an Amendment. They get together to propose Amendments, which then go to the State's to get approved. 3/4 of the State's then have to approve it.
    I think the concern is that the second will be gutted, a few well timed FBI guided shootings will occur, the sheeple will be stampeded into this and more once the process is started. There have been no amendments in most of our lives. We have been in a period where no one believes the political will to amend the constitution exists, but prove it can be and they will go nuts on it…

Top Bottom